Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Debugging with XDebug 2.2.5 and Codeignitor 3 in Eclipse Kepler with XAMPP on Mac OS

(This post was last modified: 11-07-2014, 10:29 AM by pulse.)

Hello All,

i spent some hours with the installation of XDebug. Its now installed since the command php -v response with the correct version number. OK, so far so good. I configured eclipse debug configuration(Server Setting , CLI Settings), so xdebug is recognized by eclipse.

These are my xdebug settings in my php.in:
[xdebug]
zend_extension=/usr/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20100525/xdebug.so
xdebug.remote_enable=On
xdebug.remote_host=127.0.0.1
xdebug.remote_port=9000
xdebug.remote_handler="dbgp"

As you can see i use port 9000. My Project is a Codeigniter php project, so in eclipse the project is called PHPTest but all the files are in Applications/XAMPP/htdocs/Codeigniter.So i gave in the debug configuration as File PHPTest/index.php and as URL i gave the input http://localhost/Codeigniter/index.php.
Now: each time i start the debugger, it moves forward to 57% and than it hangs. I googled a lot and some people have written that the reason for that might be the port number. So i tried some other port numbers(9001,9002,...). And yes.. i changed it in the debugger settings and in the php.in.Now i think the reason could be codeigniter itself. If anyone has experience with that kind of problem, please help...thx

I've learnt that there's an incompatibility between Xdebug and Mac's Apache server.
It crashes apache when debugging some php reflection functions like call_user_func and call_user_func_array, which are used in Codeigniter to load the constructors.

You can verify what jose is saying by trying to debug a simple PHP script completely independent from Codeigniter. Just set a breakpoint within it and see if it stops.
Hey, don't work without a PHP debugger. Several free IDEs have this features built in. Two are NetBeans and CodeLobster. Without a debugger, it's like you're driving with a blindfold on -- you are going to crash!

Xampp on Mac OS ? ... this is the problem if you ask me Smile
Just joking Smile

If its new server installation on your mac I can suggest to you to remove it.
And make a clean server setup using either Homebrew or Macports ( apache + php + DB(mysql) + any php modules and etc..)..

With both I have used xdebug in different projects I haven't any problem with it..
Best VPS Hosting : Digital Ocean

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB