Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Some help with a view, controller question?

[eluser]adultnapper[/eluser]
Hi i'm just new to CI, in fact, new to the MVC frameworks and MVC architecture.
Although i read the full user guide of CI, i have a big question that i can't find the answer. Sorry if this has been asked before and my search thought the forums failed.

Ok so i have my controller, with my index function that loads my view, and a custom private function that i made, and it starts with the _ so i'm sure it's private and can't be accesed thru the URI segments. My problems is, i don't know how to call it in my view, how to use output from it, etc, this sounds silly and simple but i can't get it to work, guess i must have a square head!

Thanks for your time.

[eluser]bretticus[/eluser]
You don't call it in your view. You call it in your controller and pass the results to your view. capiche?

[eluser]FinalFrag[/eluser]
Try checking out the video tutorials on the CI homepage. There are 2 video's that will help you a lot !

Thanks, i will look at the videos, i missed those.

And bretticus, is there any other way to pass it on except to load a view with the $data array ?

[eluser]TheFuzzy0ne[/eluser]
Check out my [url="http://ellislab.com/forums/viewthread/107773/"]CodeIgniter Resources[/url] thread. There's a lot of information there that may help you.

[eluser]bretticus[/eluser]
[quote author="adultnapper" date="1237480063"]Thanks, i will look at the videos, i missed those.

And bretticus, is there any other way to pass it on except to load a view with the $data array ?[/quote]

Apparently you can just set data that is accessible to all views.

Code:
$this->load->vars($array)

I haven't used it but here's the loader documentation

Thanks alot guys, really helped, also read the thread TheFuzzy0ne. Cheers.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB