Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Upload a new controller to host, old code still running

[eluser]Scott Gunn[/eluser]
[quote author="jedd" date="1237513152"]If they have a caching system, how do you explain the 500 error when you remove the index.php file?

I think your problem lies elsewhere.[/quote]

That's a good question. I can also upload any .php file that does *not* go through the codeigniter framework and see the new output. I suspect there is a problem with the caching system that doesn't properly recognize a certain URL has changed when a related .php controller file has changed. I have since removed the controller class completely. The code that is being executed does not exist at all on my webserver, yet I can still visit the URL and see the output of the old code.

[eluser]Scott Gunn[/eluser]
[quote author="TheFuzzy0ne" date="1237506250"]Are you certain you're using the right URL? Just rename the index.php file to something else, and if it's still working you know that it's a problem with either the location the files are, or the URL you're using to access them. Honestly. You'll kick yourself when you find that duplicate set of files. I'd suggest running a search for something like "controllers" and see how many directories are found.[/quote]

Ok, I'm kicking myself now. I had a "system" folder underneath the "system" folder. After I got home to where I could putty in and do a real search I found it.

So now I'm having a problem with Eclipse not exporting stuff to the right place, but at least I've figured out what's going on...

Thanks for the help.

[eluser]jedd[/eluser]
We'll be polite and try to look surprised. Wink

[eluser]TheFuzzy0ne[/eluser]
:bug: Well I never saw that one coming! Big Grin

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB