Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Continuous Play of mutlimedia files

[eluser]beinn[/eluser]
I am developing a social network site. I would like to be able to allow the users to play a music video/track during the time they are on the site. Has anyone any ideas about how to allow the user to listen to the music continuously while they visit the site.

In the past this would probably be possible via frames or iframe but I am having a mental block about doing with codeignitor. The only thing I can think of is to somehow used the index.php file.

Any thoughts or suggestions most welcome.

cheers

[eluser]TheFuzzy0ne[/eluser]
Whether you're using CodeIgniter, or any other framework for that matter, frames still work in exactly the same way - They just make requests to the Web server (just like any other window in your browser), and then render the content.

My question is what can you do to ensure that your user is indeed coming from the page that contains the frame, and not trying to access the page directly?

Apparently FaceBook use frames to allow users to have a messenger applet running whilst browsing. Perhaps you might want to check that out?

[eluser]beinn[/eluser]
Thanks Fuzzyone, I forseen great pain if I need to uses frames as I have already done a lot of work already (and have always try to avoid using them). But I will see what I can find out about how Facebook is using frames.

cheers

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB