Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Cross Domain Bookmarklet

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
Really hoping someone can help me here...
I need to make a simple bookmarklet that, when run, gets the url and title of the page the browser is currently on, then sends that url and title asynchronously to a page on my CodeIgniter site that returns a success or failure message. I would really like for this to all be done completely asynchronously, so that I never have to navigate away from the current page.

I've tried normal AJAX calls, but those don't work because of the same origin policy.
I've looked into using jQuery and JSONP with a GET call, but couldn't get that to work since CI strips out the GET var...

I'm completely open to suggestions...is there ANY way to do something like this?

[eluser]TheFuzzy0ne[/eluser]
Yes, it is possible. How? I dunno...

I know that for Firefox these limits can be overcome by creating an extension. Likewise, I'm sure you could develop an add-on for Internet explorer, but it sounds very complex and like it could be an awful lot of work, especially if you want to support as many browsers as you can.

[quote author="adammhaile" date="1237577411"]I’ve looked into using jQuery and JSONP with a GET call, but couldn’t get that to work since CI strips out the GET var…[/quote]

Can't you use post instead?

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB