• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Automated Form Generation

[eluser]shawn[/eluser]
While FORGE isn't quite what you are looking for (it won't automatically generate any code based on your data model) it is one of the most useful libraries I've added to my toolbox recently. I've been cranking out applications now that I don't spend hours writing the same set of forms+validation logic over and over again. I particularly like that FORGE builds on top of the CI libraries & helpers instead of re-implementing everything.

[eluser]Michael Wales[/eluser]
I'm not a big fan of Forge, personally. I just dropped a client who's site was using Forge because it is some of the ugliest, convoluted code, I have seen since using CI. Might not be Forge in general, but this implementation of Forge was simply hideous.

Plus, I didn't have the time to go and learn all the quirks of the library. I got the basics down, enough to understand what was going on.

I just like more control over my application than what it provides...

The perfect CRUD generator for me, would be merely stating a script and it generating a normal old view with a normal old form, and a normal old controller, with a normal old empty method. :-)

[eluser]Crafter[/eluser]
With the risk of sounding like this is self promoting, look again at my Open Source Code Crafter project.

It's so simple!

- Type in your database login details, and either your table details, or choose to browse the database.
- Select to generated any combination of module-controller-view for any either your database, or a single table.
- Customise your view up to the view level - what label, type of field (checkbox, dropdown, ...) , length etc.
- Choose active record or normal db library queries for your views.
- Generate to disk or screen, or both
- Customise the generated code to your liking.

PLUS, it's written especially for Code Igniter!

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon  

Theme © 2014 iAndrew