Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
What is currently the most supported authentication system?

[eluser]HomersBrain[/eluser]
[quote author="dhuang" date="1238420382"]
I also wonder if I can have users login with their emails rather than a username.
[/quote]

Yes, it's in the config settings: http://dexcell.shinsengumiteam.com/dx_au...onfig.html

Code:
# /*
# |--------------------------------------------------------------------------
# | Login settings
# |--------------------------------------------------------------------------
# |
# | 'DX_login_using_username' = Determine if user can use username in username field to login.
# | 'DX_login_using_email' = Determine if user can use email in username field to login.
# |
# | You have to set at least one of settings above to TRUE.  
# |
# | 'DX_login_record_ip' = Determine if user IP address should be recorded in database when user login.
# | 'DX_login_record_time' = Determine if time should be recorded in database when user login.
# |
# */  
#  
# $config['DX_login_using_username'] = TRUE;  
# $config['DX_login_using_email'] = TRUE;  
# $config['DX_login_record_ip'] = TRUE;  
# $config['DX_login_record_time'] = TRUE;

[eluser]dhuang[/eluser]
Thanks HomersBrain, I'll give it a shot after exams this week. I'll keep ya posted!

D

[eluser]Fielder[/eluser]
[quote author="CroNiX" date="1238394242"]I agree and I've tried the same libraries as Xeoncross. I use DX Auth a lot and it works great for all sorts of situations. The only thing I don't like is that I do a lot of work for intranet applications, so a user isn't 'registering' from the front end but the accounts are created by admin, so it takes some tweaking to get it to work like that. No biggie...mod once use over and over.[/quote]

I'm in the same situation with 'intranet' based web application. Do you have any particular pointers to give me or places to tweak DX to make it work as such? I need to get rid of the confirmation code too.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB