Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Logo modify?

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
Hello there

a CodeIgniter is just great PHP framework for me, thank EllisLab so lot for distribution! Big Grin

And sure so many people in Thailand is same think also we're create our community by Thai CI users.

So we got little problem with a logo.

We design a logo to using in our community based on original CI logo.
But we not sure about license for a CI Logo is can modify?

For a first-look logo was modified by our community I attach it with this post and sorry for my ugly English :|

[eluser]tomcode[/eluser]
Ask EllisLab.

[eluser]xc8[/eluser]
Hello.
Me, as the designer of this Thai CI logo.
I've sent an email to EllisLab several days ago, but havn't got any answer.
So we (Thai CI members) think, by start this topic is another way to get an answer.
Or get some advices from Moderators, Developers, whatever... here.

For text font in the logo I'm going to change it later,
because the Scene font in official logo is a commercial font.

[eluser]tomcode[/eluser]
My very personal opinion :

too close to CodeIgniter, wrong labeling (or are You CodeIgniter Thailand ?), not very sexy

[eluser]xc8[/eluser]
[quote author="tomcode" date="1238445997"]My very personal opinion :

too close to CodeIgniter, wrong labeling (or are You CodeIgniter Thailand ?), not very sexy[/quote]
I know that, Thanks.
but this a first draft of the logo and I'm going to change it to "Thailand Community" in next draft.

But the point is the conclusion about the "flame" logo.

[eluser]tomcode[/eluser]
I would really like to see some thai ideas, with Your different background You guys should be able to come up with something really surprising, colors, forms, the interpretation of the logo is quite nice, but it is not Your logo, that's too easy, no? - in German I would say : eine Studienübung

[eluser]xc8[/eluser]
[quote author="tomcode" date="1238446507"]I would really like to see some thai ideas, with Your different background You guys should be able to come up with something really surprising, colors, forms, the interpretation of the logo is quite nice, but it is not Your logo, that's too easy, no? - in German I would say : eine Studienübung[/quote]
I'm not going to say that I'm the author or creator of this logo.
I just say that I'm the designer of the Thai CI logo.

I can come up with a different logo,
so it is nothing to do with EllisLab's copyrighted logo or asking for the permission.

But I need to retain some aspects of the CI logo.
So when people looking at it, they'll know that it has somethings related to CI.

[eluser]DominixZ[/eluser]
I love this logo and I am waiting for EllisLab's answer.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB