Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Integrating MyBB into CodeIgniter

[eluser]wowdezign[/eluser]
Hello. I have "inherited" a project that has a MyBB forum in a folder on the site like so:

http://examplesite.biz/mybbfolder/

I want to use the mybb authentication system for the pages I build. The problem is this:

I cannot get the mybb object into CI. I have initialized the required constant and included the mybb global.php file but the mybb object doesn't make it to the view or the controller.

Has anyone successfully bolted this forum code onto CodeIgniter or does anyone have any ideas of what might be happening to the mybb object?

It seems as though both MyBB and CodeIgniter are set up to use sessions and CI is wiping out the mybb object but I can't seem to find a way around this on my own.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. I have searched all over the Internet and cannot find anything that speaks specifically to this situation.

Again, thank you.

Matt

[eluser]TheFuzzy0ne[/eluser]
Welcome to the CodeIgniter forums!

You probably need to create a front end library which you can load from within CodeIgniter, and that library can initialize the object correctly, and perhaps work as an abstraction layer.

As for sessions, that could be quite tricky. You will most likely need to create a custom session library that will allow CodeIgniter to play nice with MyBB sessions.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB