Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
FB/OpenSocial development in CI - How to do authentication & user management

[eluser]taewoo[/eluser]
Well, ok, maybe this is more of a statement as well as a question.

I have been using FreakAuth for a while now. It's a bit complicated and large, but very extensive and very useful. But if you're trying to build a social media site that can benefit a lot from integrating into Facebook or OpenSocial, it's sorta useless in a sense that it assumes that all your users are going to submit their username/password/email. If the user had the opportunity to login with their existing accounts on other sites (for example, RPXNow or Gigya Socializr) as WELL as having a choice to register/login with traditional methods, it might reduce the bounce rate and make your site more "sticky".

Wouldn't it be great if there was an authentication system that can interact/do authentication with these social sites? Is there such already?

PS: I'm not talking about doing FB/OpenSocial APP development.. I'm talking about developing a site that TAPS into these social site features (such as publishing to their feeds or what not)

[eluser]RaZoR LeGaCy[/eluser]
Anyone have any ideas. I am looking into gigya right now. Just a little out of it after the third party authentication happens, what next.

[eluser]taewoo[/eluser]
[quote author="RaZoR LeGaCy" date="1270761021"]Anyone have any ideas. I am looking into gigya right now. Just a little out of it after the third party authentication happens, what next.[/quote]

this is an old thread. there already is a codeigniter facebook library

i know of that one but I was looking for a gigya version that allows for Registration with linking. I found the documentation but still trying to figure it out. Will see what happens.

[eluser]dennismonsewicz[/eluser]
[quote author="RaZoR LeGaCy" date="1270770983"]i know of that one but I was looking for a gigya version that allows for Registration with linking. I found the documentation but still trying to figure it out. Will see what happens.[/quote]

Were you able to use CI to authenticate users through OpenSocial?

I ended up using the facebook library and made additional functions for buttons, status etc.

Gigya rates were too high to use at this point on a new project.

[eluser]dennismonsewicz[/eluser]
Ah gotcha. Yeah I ended up using the FaceBook PHP SDK instead of the FaceBook Library from Haughlin. Found the SDK better documented and better for using

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB