Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Sessions and Wifi?????

[eluser]metamorpher[/eluser]
Hi everyone. Havin' problems.
I use a simple router in home, but with cables. When I go somewhere else in a WIFI area, Y want to connect to my CI app (which use standard ci login) and my connection keeps dying and dying. It didn't get the cookie erased, and already tried to avoid connection encryption, but don't know what else to do...

Do any had the same problem or it's just my bad coding???

I simply use a cookie called is_logged_in and check it's existance on my controllers' constructor, which I set up on login with session_data... So, what am I doing wrong?

[eluser]TheFuzzy0ne[/eluser]
What are you storing in your cookie? Can you give an example?

only 2 variables:
- is_logged_in = 1
- last_entrance = time()

[eluser]jedd[/eluser]
If it works fine with cables but breaks when you are on wifi - then it's not a coding issue, you've just got a dodgy wireless connection.

You can try dropping back to a lower speed, try changing channels, buy a different AP, etc. But, definitely not a CI problem.

[eluser]Thorpe Obazee[/eluser]
Your getting a different IP everytime. Your cookie probably checks your IP too.

Code:
$config['sess_match_ip'] = FALSE;

this might be enabled in your config. set it to false so that it ignores your 'new' IP. (or that's how I think that should work)

thank you dude... Talk about it with my work pal and that was the problem, I think... Inside the building they use DHCP, but the WAN is a fixed IP, so it was a strange problem... but already solved thank god Smile

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB