Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Stating out with codeigniter

[eluser]learning_php[/eluser]
Hi,

I am very new to php and I and would be most grateful if some would help. I have downloaded Codeigniter and unziped it to my xammpp htdocs folder and can veiw the welcome page through my localhost but I am unsure how to open the framework up and start developing in eclipse.If anyone of a guide or can explain how to set this up please can they show me.

Thanks

[eluser]NachoF[/eluser]
You write your code inside the system/appliccation folder.. you will find a controller folder, a view folder and a model folder... thats where your php files will be at

[eluser]Chalda Pnuzig[/eluser]
Go to http://ellislab.com/codeigniter/user-guide/toc.html and read it Smile

Hi,

Thanks for your post, ok how would I open the framework in an IDE like eclipse?

Thanks

[eluser]Tom Schlick[/eluser]
you should definatly make sure you have a solid understanding of how php works and OOP (Object Oriented Programming) works. that is what CI is based on and without that you will surely have issues due to misunderstandings. make sure to take a look at the getting started page in the userguide for some advice also

[eluser]Tom Schlick[/eluser]
in eclipse im not 100% sure but you should find an option to "Create a Project" or something like that and point it to the folder where your CI is located. then browse into the system/application folder and you can see the folder structure that the user guide explains

Thanks

Hi,

I have tried and it seems to work but my install does not have a scripts folder? is this not where I put my css? Does anyone know of a better IDE to develop in?

Thanks

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB