Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Advice on building modular sites with CI

[eluser]playaz[/eluser]
Hi guys,

I am using the latest version of codeigniter (v1.71) and would like some advice on how to approach to building a modular system using CI.

I want to build a using subdirectories for building modules as illustrated below for building some basic CMS tools :
www.mysite.com/cms
www.mysite.com/cms/users

Any advice on the best way of doing this, I do not want to have all the controllers & views in the single directory as I am sure this would get messy eventually.

Thanks in advance

[eluser]TheFuzzy0ne[/eluser]
Have you tried any existing HMVC libraries? Perhaps [url="http://codeigniter.com/wiki/Modular_Extensions_-_HMVC/"]this one[/url] might save you reinventing the wheel?

Google yields over 10,000 results when searching for "codeigniter modular extentions" (without quotes), and a further 1,400 when searching for "codeigniter hmvc" (without quotes), so in theory you should be spoilt for choice. Smile

[eluser]playaz[/eluser]
Hi,

Yeh you are right - I just had no idea which one's worked suitably for the latest version, but i will have a look at the library provided it is ashame CI doesn't have this pre-built in.

[eluser]TheFuzzy0ne[/eluser]
CodeIgniter is designed to be light-weight. Just a simple structure that can be built upon. Fortunately, with the right code, you can make CodeIgniter do tricks.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB