Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
blog in CI

[eluser]radek01[/eluser]
Hi,

first - thanks to all involved in CI developement, I really love it.

I developed my own app in CI from the scratch. everything works fine, but now I would like to add a blog to it.

Since I'dont need to re-invent the wheel I'm looking for some solution. I wonder if there is any blog library/code to use in custom CI app?

please, understand me well - I don't need any ready-to-go full CI blog apps like inktype or open blog. they are great but all I need is to have blog database structure, library/models/controllers to access/input data and maybe some simple views to include in my own to display blog entries/categories/comments. Since I have my own auth library in my app I only need to integrate blog capability to it.

If you now anything that could suit my needs - please advise me.

regards,
Radek

[eluser]abmcr[/eluser]
Open Blog.. search in this forum :-)

[eluser]Developer13[/eluser]
[quote author="abmcr" date="1239283158"]Open Blog.. search in this forum :-)[/quote]

Yeah, except he specifically mentioned that he's not interested in either Open Blog and InkType because they're full-on apps...

If there is anything like that out there, I'm not aware of it. I'd say just build it yourself. If it's on that small of a scale, it wouldn't take long.

[eluser]vitoco[/eluser]
like a set of controllers, models and views ... structured in a module ??' that's what you're looking for ?

[eluser]Thorpe Obazee[/eluser]
Not to hack the thread. D13, has Inktype 1.0 been released? I stopped receiving updates.

[eluser]Developer13[/eluser]
[hijack]

Nope, it hasn't been released yet... 0.9.21 is the latest I released to the internal mailing list.

I'm working on the new website right now. I had a guy who did a mockup and was going to put it all together but I haven't heard from him, so I'm working on that along with the documentation so *everything* is ready to go for the launch.

The internal mailing group is still active, I've just been doing lots of work - but thanks for checking Smile

[/hijack]

[eluser]Thorpe Obazee[/eluser]
thanks for the info.

[eluser]radek01[/eluser]
[quote author="Developer13" date="1239356742"]
I'd say just build it yourself. If it's on that small of a scale, it wouldn't take long.[/quote]

And that is exactly what I did. I also included WMD editor to it and now it works just fine and dandy.

Thanks for all repliesSmile

[eluser]radek01[/eluser]
[quote author="vitoco" date="1239448620"]like a set of controllers, models and views ... structured in a module ??' that's what you're looking for ?[/quote]

that's correct. but as I mentioned I already wrote it. If you have any code like that I would be very grateful if I could look at it...

regards,
R.

[eluser]Dam1an[/eluser]
[quote author="radek01" date="1240249749"]And that is exactly what I did.[/quote]
Maybe you want to release it to the comunity, incase anyone else wants something simple like this Wink

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB