Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
I Just Gotta Say...

[eluser]Developer13[/eluser]
I just gotta say that this community is plain AWESOME.

Every time I get stuck with something, if I can't find the answer in the userguide or wiki, it's sure to be found here.

The regulars here are also so patient ... sometimes as I'm reading through the threads (which I do a ton, but I rarely post) I really applaud the patience of the regulars who kindly remind newcomers to read through the user guide and / or wiki and / or forums when they post a question that has been clearly documented... which they then respond that they did... at which point I highly doubt they did, or I doubt their readiness for OOP / MVC / frameworks...

CodeIgniter is the first framework that I've stuck with and learned. Up to that point, I was just using my own libraries that would have looked like the remnants of a rusty old car sitting in a junkyard if it were a car... I knew that I needed to mature into a framework of some sort. CodeIgniter's minimalistic yet powerful and extremely flexible approach really drew me in. It's all been smooth sailing ever since!

Anyhow, to all the people that have answered my questions time after time without ever knowing it -- THANKS A TON!!! You're appreciated much more than you know.

Long live CodeIgniter!

[eluser]Stewart Matheson[/eluser]
yea i agree it is awesome!!!

i gotta admit i may like rails a little more but the CI community seems better. CI really grows on you. Its really simple and easy to use

[eluser]marcoss[/eluser]
Quote:My software never has bugs. It just develops random features.

I'll start using that with my customers Tongue

[eluser]Developer13[/eluser]
Unfortunately that wasn't my own wit. A quick Google of geeky phrases and quotes came up with it somewhere along the line.

[eluser]Derek Allard[/eluser]
Missed this from a few days ago, but just wanted to sincerely welcome you into the fold! You're at 30 posts... a few more and we get to call you a "regular" also Wink

[eluser]niyogi[/eluser]
I'll second Developer13's comment. Great community for great software. CI doesn't get that much press but it doesn't really matter! Works for me!

[eluser]OwanH[/eluser]
[quote author="niyogi" date="1183636903"]I'll second Developer13's comment. Great community for great software.[/quote]

I'll third Developer13's comment :-), in fact make that third and fourth. CI really is some great software, providing developers with a lightweight and flexible application development framework yet giving us a very powerful codebase to build our apps and sites on. And it's not just the CI software that rocks but everything about Ellislab and the community it engages. Like you said Rick, it's all about the ecosystem ain't it Smile.

[quote author="niyogi" date="1183636903"]CI doesn't get that much press but it doesn't really matter! Works for me![/quote]

True but like you said niyogi, it doesn't really matter. With a community base like the one CI and EE has, one which keeps growing, I think it does get a good deal of press. Remember there are various mediums for "press" and "market exposure" Smile.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB