Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Returning Live Database Results

[eluser]Fielder[/eluser]
On an advanced search page, I'm going to provide the users with about 5 different criteria boxes across the top, of which they can input various information to search for particular stores.

Upon submit, I want to display the query results (in tabular format) below the input boxes, this way they can continue to refine their search as they resubmit finer criteria.

I'm thinking this could be achieved by the use of AJAX (maybe put an onsubmit js function on the submit button), but perhaps I can use a standard <form action="$_SERVER['PHP_SELF']> and reload the page with the returned results. But then I'll have to "maintain" user inputs upon submission.

Any opinions on which way to go or how to best achieve this...? thanks.

Another note if it matters, there will be at some point 10's to 100's of thousands store entries this query will be going through searching.

[eluser]PV-Patrick[/eluser]
Initially I think AJAX might be a good route to take, however it really will come down to which method best suites you and your design. If the query will take any length of time, just be sure to provide the user with a message or status that the results are being retrieved. (onCreate())

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB