Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Any benchmarks available ?

[eluser]chrisranjana.com[/eluser]
Are there any benchmarks available for testing the increase in speed of coding using codeigniter ?

Say for example..taking a simple membership project as an example if a programmer uses PHP5 and does not use any other frameworks etc and codes it and if the same programmer used codeigniter what will be performance gain he will achieve ? Will he be able to complete the project faster if so by how much % ? etc

[eluser]ztinger[/eluser]
Hmm

I think your question is very subjective. Depends on a number of things, like the experience of the programmer, the methodology used when not in a framework, etc.

May I ask you why are you asking? Are you basing your adoption of CI on this supposed benchmarks?

I understand it is very subjective but if various factors can be limited and made to be same and if some kind of a rough benchmark is made available then it will really help in the advocacy of CodeIgniter

[eluser]MpaK69[/eluser]
If you use Apache web server check "ab" in manual

[eluser]ztinger[/eluser]
[quote author="MpaK69" date="1182857364"]If you use Apache web server check "ab" in manual[/quote]

He is not asking for app execution benchmarks but 'coding benchmarks'

Quote:I understand it is very subjective but if various factors can be limited and made to be same and if some kind of a rough benchmark is made available then it will really help in the advocacy of CodeIgniter

As I can interpret you are asking are more about CI user testimonials, than benchmarks. the term 'Benchmark' is used for statistical measures in controlled enviroments, that can be replicated anywhere.

I can tell you that using CI saves me between 50% and up to 80% of my coding time, compared to coding from scratch. Other users can tell you otherwise. Everyone can have a different story.

Again, if you want to know about execution benchmarks, look for them in this forum There are a couple of external links that may help you.

[eluser]marcoss[/eluser]
You may want to check this CakePHP/CodeIgniter/Symfony Benchmark.

Anyway, you shouldn't rely on this kind of tests when choosing a framework.

Thanks for all answers.
Regarding benchmark yes your definition is correct.
Also glad to know that you can achieve 50% to 80% increase in productivity.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB