Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Skinning A Site With A PSD File

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
I have a client with a site based on CI. They would like to have their site skinned with a .PSD file(s).

I am new to CI and really have never used a .psd file as a skin or template for a site. Is what they are asking possible? If so is it difficult? Any links to tutorials and or examples are appreciated. I am a quick study but if it too much for me I will probably have them shop it out to someone with a better skill set for the project.

Thanks
DJ

[eluser]Johan André[/eluser]
Hey!

Usually what you do as a designer is creating the layout of the site in Photoshop and then slice the parts up. After that you create the (x)html & css for the site based on that layout (using the sliced parts).

I never heard of skinning a site with a .psd-file. Webpages use .png, .gif and .jpg-images for displaying the image-content and can't read the .psd-format (which is a layered format with lots of bells and whistles...).

This link might help you design / slice your photoshop-file:

http://www.entheosweb.com/photoshop/slice.asp

Note that theres is nothing CI-specific in this workflow.

Good luck!

[eluser]Choo[/eluser]
You should do html mark-up of this page and create needed views from it Smile. If you are new to xhtml/css, it would be hard for you to do it.

[eluser]jdfwarrior[/eluser]
Johan Andre got it right. You'll have take the PSD into Photoshop and use the slice tool to cut the PSD up into multiple images, and then use those images to build the layout. Straight PSD -> layout, aint gonna work.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB