Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Accessing a CI library outside of CI

[eluser]Phantom784[/eluser]
I want to integrate phpBB with one of the auth plugins available for CodeIgniter (probably TankAuth). phpBB provides an auth plugin system, so I just need to call the TankAuth functions from there to see if the user is logged in. However, I can't figure out a way to call functions from a CI library without already being inside of a CI controller. Is there a way to do this?

[eluser]TheFuzzy0ne[/eluser]
Welcome to the CodeIgniter forums.

I'm not sure I understand. Does the forum have it's own index.php page, or does it have the same entry point as CodeIgniter?

It has its own index.php (well, not just index.php, it uses a bunch of .php files, unlike CI which routes all requests through index.php). I want to have the forums in their own subdirectory (probably /forums)

I think I found the answer in the wiki. http://codeigniter.com/wiki/dip_into_CI/

[eluser]TheFuzzy0ne[/eluser]
Hmm. It might be possible, but you'd have to be really careful. CodeIgniter takes likes to be in control, and if it encounters a problem and displays an error, which would be annoying to your forum users.

I would probably suggest porting the library over to the forum, as opposed to loading a second framework.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB