Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
pagiantion with search option

[eluser]Harishkulkarni[/eluser]
Hi every one,

I need to implement pagination with search option.
I am able to do normal pagination but not with search option.

Please give me a idea or code to do pagination with search option.
(I dont want to do using session)

thanks in advance for any help!

[eluser]Mike Ryan[/eluser]
Hi,

What problems are you having? Pagination with search is exactly the same as without, with the addition of a "WHERE" clause in your SQL.

[eluser]Harishkulkarni[/eluser]
My problem is when we click on pagination numbers(links), i am not getting search string when i go to next page to run sql query on searched string.

How to build pagination link with search string using pagination class?

[eluser]sanket[/eluser]
Are you doing it with ajax??

[eluser]tkyy[/eluser]
im not sure what your problem is because you were very vague, but it seems like you have some confusion over the uri-segment of the pagination.

make sure you are calling a function that is accepting the proceeding uri-string to your search function. then, make sure you are passing that arg to your model's function and setting it as the offset to your database query.

if you are having a problem with searching specifically your problem may be that you are using uri-strings as arguments of the main search function (like, GET-data driven search, ie: http://yoursite.com/search/people/female/18/36/90210 type of thing).

if this is the case you should probably look into either storing cookies (this is what i do, and recently did on a project with ajax browse-pagination), using post-data instead of uri-string arguments to your functions or enabling codeigniter query strings in the configuration.

i recommend cookies personally because then if a user navigates away from your browse page and decides to come back you can pick the page position up where he or she left off. you dont need a "session" you just need a cookie. feel me?

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB