Code Igniter & Fast Development

[eluser]The Wizard[/eluser]
Hello Friends,

i want to know, is there a way you use for faster development in terms of
maybe you have a template where you copy and paste everything from
maybe you have some snippets you frequently use,
maybe you have some other way, just please post a little comment on how you do
or what you do or what can be done.

i think it would help everyone. please try to use some code examples if you can. thanks

[eluser]slowgary[/eluser]
I like to use CodeIgniter...
Code:
$this->load->view('this_page');

[eluser]jdfwarrior[/eluser]
[quote author="slowgary" date="1240292122"]I like to use CodeIgniter...
Code:
$this->load->view('this_page');
[/quote]

That was the most retarded, useless reply ever.

I personally speed up development a lot by using the Auto Completions available in PHPDesigner (IDE of preference). Doing this, I have auto completions(basically same idea as using snippets) to auto insert/complete code based off a key term.

For instance, I type: 'controller' then hit Control+J (auto complete hotkey) and I get

Code:
<?php if ( !defined('BASEPATH')) exit('No direct script access');

/**
* <name> Controller
* <description of functionality>
* Uses: <other scripts and such it uses>
* Author: David Ferguson
* Date: <date>
**/

class | extends Controller {

function index() {

}

}

It auto positions the cursor where the | symbol is. I have auto completions (complete with commenting and all) for controllers, models, creating the index function, the remap function, creating a blank function, loading libraries, models, and helpers, and so on.

It cuts time out of a lot of the stuff that you repeat a lot. That's just my way..

[eluser]xwero[/eluser]
Plan the new site/app to use as much of the stuff as possible you created/used before.

I don't think putting snippets here will help as everyone has his own quirks and ways of doing things.

[quote author="xwero" date="1240337802"]Plan the new site/app to use as much of the stuff as possible you created/used before.

I don't think putting snippets here will help as everyone has his own quirks and ways of doing things.[/quote]

Agreed, was just saying that was my particular method of choice. I can turn out a few hundred lines of code within a few minutes with my method just because I skip a lot of the remedial stuff. The way I do it probably isn't right for everyone. Some may prefer to reuse code as you do. As I said, this is just the way I prefer to do it. The snippet was just an example of the code completion I was talking about.

[eluser]xwero[/eluser]
I got your drift, hot keys or inflate keywords are certainly nice time and finger savers. It was a general remark i made about the snippets.

[eluser]The Wizard[/eluser]
hehe cool, anyone any more snippets maybe?

btw, the author of PHP IDE is a friend of mine, he's a very cool person.

[quote author="herrkaleun" date="1240340806"]hehe cool, anyone any more snippets maybe?

btw, the author of PHP IDE is a friend of mine, he's a very cool person.[/quote]

The Nusphere product?

[eluser]rogierb[/eluser]
a few shortctus I use:
echo $this->db->last_query(); when I type 'laq'
$this when I type 'th'
$this->lang->line("lng_no_data") when ii type ll

For me, everything I have to type more then once has to go in a shortcut.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB