Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Wordpress convert to CodeIgniter

[eluser]ywftdg[/eluser]
Hey guys, I started a side project but used Wordpress to get it going a few months back. The project currently has about 3000 posts on it, but I am starting to think I want to go back and rebuild it more minimal using CI. I developed a few projects last year in CI, and love it.

Right now it seems like a nightmare idea, but I really do not like Wordpress's database structure and want to sort of import that database, but then modify it in some sort of bulk way to my own new setup.

Maybe I am crazy, but was looking forward to maybe trying this somehow. I am curious has anyone ever tried or accomplished this?

[eluser]rogierb[/eluser]
Never tried porting wordpress but have ported a couple of small;-) databases holding a few millions records.

Since you only have about 3000 you can do it in a few different ways:
teh fastest: export data to xls/csv and use something like ultraedit to create insert statements. Should take you about 2-3 hours

Teh slower but more dynamic way is to create an export script that generates a database dump in the new structure

Another way is to create an import script that connects to your wordpress db and reads all records, converts theme and inserts them in to your new db

The last method is prefered since it can be reused. But for limited record I prefer a combo of xls and ultraedit to crete insert statements

[eluser]ywftdg[/eluser]
Sounds good, I am mainly just using the about 20 users, 3000 posts and the tags. Comments and everything else can be ignored on the new build. Will reserach how to rip this info from the wordpress database. Thanks!

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB