Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Error posting to the forums

[eluser]Phil Sturgeon[/eluser]
In one logged in session of less than half an hour I have experienced a post work, the next one 1 minute later will not and another one 10 minutes later will not work again. It is pretty odd.

[eluser]Dam1an[/eluser]
[quote author="Derek Jones" date="1240518570"]
Just refreshing the page before posting would be sufficient if the page has sat open for an extended length of time.[/quote]

Oh, in which case thats not the problem then Sad
As I normally load the new posts page, open everything that looks interesting in a new tab, and then go through them... This normally takes no more then 10 minutes, as I only have 3-4 tabs at a time

[eluser]Derek Jones[/eluser]
[quote author="Phil Sturgeon" date="1240518619"]In one logged in session of less than half an hour I have experienced a post work, the next one 1 minute later will not and another one 10 minutes later will not work again. It is pretty odd.[/quote]

Sounds like you might be getting the IP rotation part of things then. The only things compared are the secure hash ID, the IP address, and the time. The behavior is also distinct - redirection without accepting submissions and without verbose errors.

[eluser]Dam1an[/eluser]
but if it fails once, it would update the session, and it should work the second time, but it can sometimes take several attempts :S

[eluser]Derek Jones[/eluser]
[quote author="Dam1an" date="1240519396"]but if it fails once, it would update the session, and it should work the second time, but it can sometimes take several attempts :S[/quote]

Then it's likely that you are being presented with a cached version of the page with the same "bad" secure hash. There are many service providers that will cache pages for a number of minutes to save their bandwidth costs. It would be extremely tedious, but you could test this by noting your secure hash before submitting, and comparing that to what's used on the subsequent request after a failed submission. Since we're all geeks here:

Code:
$query = $DB->query("SELECT COUNT(*) AS count FROM exp_security_hashes WHERE hash='".$DB->escape_str($_POST['XID'])."' AND ip_address = '".$IN->IP."' AND date > UNIX_TIMESTAMP()-7200");

Phil, I'm not sure exactly what's happening for you, but it's obvious that your work proxy has issues communicating to our network. If you encounter it again, can you do a traceroute to the site?

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB