Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Error posting to the forums

[eluser]Dam1an[/eluser]
Firstly, I know the bug report forum is meant for CI bugs, but this seemed like the best place for this.

When using the quick reply feature, after having entered a response and pressing enter, it sometimes loads the normal reply page with a blank form (although going back it still has my response in the textfield, so I can just copy and paste it)
This seems to happen 'randomly'... will happen a few times, and then back to normal.

Its happened on 2 seperate computers, so its not a browser specific issue (Have had the same happen in Firefox 3.0.8 and 3.0.9 and IE7)

Has this happened to anyone else?

Edit: It also seems to happen if I go straight to normal reply mode, but it failed to post my message several times :S

[eluser]Phil Sturgeon[/eluser]
Happens to me all the time. I just learnt to get used to it. :blank:

[eluser]Dam1an[/eluser]
Hmm... it seems to have temporarily fixed itself again for me...
Its happened 3 days in a row now, always between 8 and 11am (2-5am server time)... wonder if that has anything to do with it, or if its just a coincidence

As I said, happens all the time but seem rather random. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesnt.

The only constant I have noticed is that it randomly happens at work, but NEVER happens on my laptop at home.

Work

- Proxy
- XP SP3
- FireFox 3.0.x

Home

- No proxy
- OS X 10.5.x
- Firefox 3.0.9

Who knows.

As I said, happens all the time but seem rather random. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesnt.

The only constant I have noticed is that it randomly happens at work, but NEVER happens on my laptop at home.

Work

- Proxy
- XP SP3
- FireFox 3.0.x

Home

- No proxy
- OS X 10.5.x
- Firefox 3.0.9

Who knows.

Update: As I was posting this message I was redirected to a page which showed me HTML in plain text. The page content was...

Code:
<pre>....................
                  &lt;font color="#0067C6"&gt;&lt;b&gt;504&lt;/b&gt;&lt;/font&gt; &lt;/td&gt;
              &lt;/tr&gt;
              &lt;tr&gt;
                &lt;td bgcolor="#C1D5F0"&gt;&lt;strong&gt;HTTP Reason Phrase&lt;/strong&gt; ....................
                  &lt;font color="#0067C6"&gt;&lt;b&gt;No response from server&lt;/b&gt;&lt;/font&gt; &lt;/td&gt;

&lt;/tr&gt;
              &lt;tr&gt;
                &lt;td bgcolor="#C1D5F0"&gt;&lt;strong&gt;Proxy&lt;/strong&gt; ............................................
                  &lt;strong&gt;&lt;font color="#0067C6"&gt;phwebsweeper.hargreaveslansdown.co.uk&lt;/font&gt;&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;

&lt;/tr&gt;
            &lt;/table&gt;
            &lt;h4 align="left"&gt;&amp;copy; 2005 Clearswift Limited. All rights reserved&lt;/h4&gt;&lt;/td&gt;
          &lt;td&gt;&lt;img src="http://192.9.200.248:80/1pixel_white.gif" width="45" height="1"&gt;&lt;/td&gt;

&lt;/tr&gt;
      &lt;/table&gt;&lt;/td&gt;
  &lt;/tr&gt;
&lt;/table&gt;
&lt;/body&gt;
&lt;/html&gt;
</pre>

Update #2 My 2nd attempt to post a message using quick reply and it has sent me to the Post Reply page with no content in the box. Good job I am used to copy/pasting my messages before posting.

This cannot be an isolated issue, its happening quite a lot recently.

[eluser]Dam1an[/eluser]
so far its only happened for me at work as well, but I've only become active on here again the last few days, so too soon to say its exclusivly a work thing

Maybe its a conspiracy to stop us coming on the forums at work, and actually get some work done

[eluser]Derek Jones[/eluser]
If you leave the window open for longer than two hours your secure form hash for the fast reply form will have expired, and the submission won't be accepted, which I gather is probably what's happening here. Or if your IP rotates between display and submission, which can happen on AOL.

<offtopic>
I'd love to get some work done, but they just dont let me. Between archaic architectures, slow-as-hell virtual machines and more internal politics than the Houses of Parliment I do not get far...
</off-topic>

[eluser]Dam1an[/eluser]
[quote author="Derek Jones" date="1240516670"]If you leave the window open for longer than two hours your secure form hash for the fast reply form will have expired, and the submission won't be accepted, which I gather is probably what's happening here. Or if your IP rotates between display and submission, which can happen on AOL.[/quote]

Its not the IP, as its a fixed IP address
But it could be the form hash expiring, as I have firefox open pretty much non stop, although the CI forum tabs get open and closed throughout the day :S
Next time it happens, I'll try closing firefox, and trying again

[eluser]Derek Jones[/eluser]
[quote author="Dam1an" date="1240517093"]Its not the IP, as its a fixed IP address
But it could be the form hash expiring, as I have firefox open pretty much non stop, although the CI forum tabs get open and closed throughout the day :S
Next time it happens, I'll try closing firefox, and trying again[/quote]

Just refreshing the page before posting would be sufficient if the page has sat open for an extended length of time.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB