Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
CIG gallery version 0.3beta help needed

[eluser]Dam1an[/eluser]
[quote author="TheFuzzy0ne" date="1240515853"]You may need to ensure that you actually "own" the directory in order to apply permissions to it.[/quote]

I know what should and what does happen in windows isn't always related, but shouldn the option to change permissions be disabled if you don't have ownership...
That being said, by default, you run as admin, and own everything lol

[eluser]TheFuzzy0ne[/eluser]
That's very true. Thanks for pointing that out, although I'm not assuming the OP is using an admin account. The only other thing I can think of is that the OP isn't clicking on "Apply", although if memory serves correctly, Windows does it for you when you click on "OK".

[eluser]Dam1an[/eluser]
[quote author="TheFuzzy0ne" date="1240517334"]That's very true. Thanks for pointing that out, although I'm not assuming the OP is using an admin account. The only other thing I can think of is that the OP isn't clicking on "Apply", although if memory serves correctly, Windows does it for you when you click on "OK".[/quote]

Yeah OK and apply have the same end result, but OK closes the dialog as well as making the changes, where as apply just makes the changes

You can always install a set of unix tools for windows, these let you view file ownership, can change ownership, change file permissions etc

[eluser]learning_php[/eluser]
Hi,

I am still having trouble with this! I have an admin account and I logged in safe mode and given full permission to the account but i am still getting the same errors.

Thanks

[eluser]learning_php[/eluser]
Hi,

I have been playing with the permissions and i know get the following error:

root dir does not exists!

Code:
$config['cig_gallery_title'] = 'Demo Gallery';
$config['cig_gallery_root'] = '/wedding-site/assets/albums';
$config['cig_gallery_url'] = 'http://localhost/imagegallery';
$config['cig_filter_folders'] = array('test','cache');
$config['cig_valid_types'] = array('jpeg', 'gif', 'png');
$config['cig_album_function'] = 'album'; //name of function you use in your controller to show thumbs for selected album.
$config['cig_image_function'] = 'image'; //name of function you use in your controller to show full image view.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB