Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
The Easiest Authentication Library for CodeIgniter just got easier.

[eluser]Adam Griffiths[/eluser]
Hey guys,

Over the past few days I have been working hard on adding an administration panel to The Authentication Library.

I have added the ability to add, edit and delete users without writing any code. I have also created a helper to reduce the code you need to write for some other tasks.

I have also changed the location of the user guide to my personal domain name. The user guide can be found here and has been updated for this new 1.0.5 release.

You can download the new set of files from Github.

If you have any questions that are not covered in the user guide, please post here.

Thanks.

(Sorry for the brief post, it's late here.)

[eluser]Dam1an[/eluser]
Looks really good, have downloaded it, and will dig into it tomorrow Smile
It seems to have pretty much what I want, without the additional bloat of the larger libraries

[eluser]boxfrommars[/eluser]
hallo, Adam, I've found this in _generate() function in Auth.php:

Code:
$token_source = fopen("http://random.org/strings/?num=1&len=20&digits=on&upperalpha=on&loweralpha=on&unique=on&format=plain&rnd=new", "r");
$token = fread($token_source, 20);

may be to use a more simple solution, like

Code:
$sym = '0123456789abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyzABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ';
$token ='';
for ($a = 0; $a < 20; $a++) {
    $token .= $sym[mt_rand(0, 19)];
}

or I do not understand something?

[quote author="boxfrommars" date="1241257894"]hallo, Adam, I've found this in _generate() function in Auth.php:

Code:
$token_source = fopen("http://random.org/strings/?num=1&len=20&digits=on&upperalpha=on&loweralpha=on&unique=on&format=plain&rnd=new", "r");
$token = fread($token_source, 20);

may be to use a more simple solution, like

Code:
$sym = '0123456789abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyzABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ';
$token ='';
for ($a = 0; $a < 20; $a++) {
    $token .= $sym[mt_rand(0, 19)];
}

or I do not understand something?[/quote]

I have taken many of the "rewuirements" of an authentication library "done right" from here. This includes random salt generation from random.org.

I now understand that if a user is using this locally and there is no internet access, an error occurs. I will create a config value that will let you choose whether or not to use random.org for the salts.

Thanks.

[eluser]boxfrommars[/eluser]
Thank you for your reply and for a good library :-)

[eluser]Otaku Coder[/eluser]
I'm getting the following error on a fresh install of CI:

Quote:A PHP Error was encountered

Severity: Notice

Filename: pages/register.php

Line Number: 20

When I try and access 'admin/register'. However, looking at register.php I see that $email is being defined correctly. Any ideas?

[quote author="Otaku Coder" date="1241300692"]I'm getting the following error on a fresh install of CI:

When I try and access 'admin/register'. However, looking at register.php I see that $email is being defined correctly. Any ideas?[/quote]

Thanks for letting me know about this. The error was in the file views/auth/pages/register.php - I have now fixed the error and the changes are in the latest commit in the github repo.

Thanks.

[quote author="Adam Griffiths" date="1241301407"][quote author="Otaku Coder" date="1241300692"]I'm getting the following error on a fresh install of CI:

When I try and access 'admin/register'. However, looking at register.php I see that $email is being defined correctly. Any ideas?[/quote]

Thanks for letting me know about this. The error was in the file views/auth/pages/register.php - I have now fixed the error and the changes are in the latest commit in the github repo.

Thanks.[/quote]

Just installed the fix and it's working fine now. Thanks!!

I already have a 'groups' table in an app I've been developing, so I had to rename it in your dump.sql. However, I can't find any references to that table in the auth code. Is it actually being used or have I just missed it?

I seem to be on a Bug Hunt today!!! Here's another one for you Adam:

Filename: pages/reg_success.php

Line Number: 5

I get that error after I've hit 'Submit' on the register view. It says 'Success' and the record is inserted correctly in the DB so everything else appears to work fine.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB