Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
The Easiest Authentication Library for CodeIgniter just got easier.

[eluser]Adam Griffiths[/eluser]
I have made an update to The Authentication Library. If everyone could please download the new Auth.php library file, it fixes a problem where the resitrct function doesn't work properly in certain cases.

Thanks.

[eluser]nkelem[/eluser]
I mean a pre-built forum like CI for a CI built site am struggling with. Any ideas Adam?

I downloaded the Auth_Lib today in the morning just after my first post, is it the new one or should i download the new one now (evening)?

Thanks

[quote author="nkelem" date="1242344132"]I mean a pre-built forum like CI for a CI built site am struggling with. Any ideas Adam?

I downloaded the Auth_Lib today in the morning just after my first post, is it the new one or should i download the new one now (evening)?

Thanks[/quote]

I have no idea if there's a forum out there you can look at or use. A forum search would be the best thing to do there.

You should download the newer one from Github as I updated the library to fix a small issue.

Thanks.

[eluser]XonnoX[/eluser]
Great work, this is nearly exactly what I've been looking for. Didn't take much at all to modify it. thanks again.

But however, I am having a bit of issue trying to get the user_group() function to work for me.

I have modified the database entry for my user account's group_id to 1, to make it admin, even verified that group 1 was admin in Auth.php. But it's still not showing my username as admit when using the user_group() function in an if statement.

Is there some other setting I'm forgetting to set, possibly the sessions table CI gives the option of using?

[eluser]shenanigans01[/eluser]
Hey, I've been playing around with this library, and in short it's wonderful!!

I'm just curious I noticed you said you were trying to use the list of recommendations from the following link:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/34698...902#476902

How many of those have you met with this library?

Hey,

These are the features I included from the list.

1. Tiny footprint with optional test implementation (this was true for older versions, but has grown due to admin panel)
2. Full documentation
3. No autoloading required. Just-in-time loading of libraries for performance
4. Language file support; no hard-coded strings
6. Recommended TRUE random salt generation (e.g. using random.org or random.irb.hr)
8. Login using either username or email
11. Automatic cookie login feature
13. Hashing of passwords
16. Hooks into CI's validation system
18. Enforced strong password policy server-side, with optional client-side (Javascript) validator
19. Enforced maximum number of failed login attempts with BEST PRACTICES countermeasures against both dictionary and DoS attacks!
20. All database access done through prepared (bound) statements!

12 out of 20 isn't bad!! I may add more of the features off this list if the need arises or if demand becomes great for them.

Thanks.

[eluser]shenanigans01[/eluser]
Awesome, how much work would be involved in separation of user and profile data. You'll have to excuse what might seem as 'stupid questions' I've been going php for a while but I'm still just experimenting with CodeIgniter so I'm still in the process of going through the documentation and userdocs.

Also which of the ways listed on your page is the best to contact you re: hiring you for a project?

[quote author="mikem562" date="1242436305"]Awesome, how much work would be involved in separation of user and profile data. You'll have to excuse what might seem as 'stupid questions' I've been going php for a while but I'm still just experimenting with CodeIgniter so I'm still in the process of going through the documentation and userdocs.

Also which of the ways listed on your page is the best to contact you re: hiring you for a project?[/quote]

Well at the moment the only user data stored is username, password, email and group. So any other profile data could be added to a new table, and functions can be made in models etc to update that data.

The best way to contact me about a project is definitely email. But any of the mediums are Ok.

Thanks.

[eluser]Bj_o_rn[/eluser]
[quote author="XonnoX" date="1242378686"]But however, I am having a bit of issue trying to get the user_group() function to work for me.[/quote]

I had the same problem, I think I found the error though. In file system/application/libraries/Auth.php on line 145 you'll find:
Code:
'group' => $row['group_id'],
Which I changed to (added "_id"):
Code:
'group_id' => $row['group_id'],

The user_group() function checks for a variable called group_id but it was initiated as group. I'm not sure which one of the two is wrong though but group_id made more sense since that is the name used for the field in the database.

[quote author="Bj_o_rn" date="1242508904"][quote author="XonnoX" date="1242378686"]But however, I am having a bit of issue trying to get the user_group() function to work for me.[/quote]

I had the same problem, I think I found the error though. In file system/application/libraries/Auth.php on line 145 you'll find:
Code:
'group' => $row['group_id'],
Which I changed to (added "_id"):
Code:
'group_id' => $row['group_id'],

The user_group() function checks for a variable called group_id but it was initiated as group. I'm not sure which one of the two is wrong though but group_id made more sense since that is the name used for the field in the database.[/quote]

Yeah this is correct. I actually fixed this in the latest Github commit but was unsure where or not the XonnoX was using that or not.

Thanks.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB