Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
jQuery Tabs -> Trailing Slash problem

[eluser]weetstraw[/eluser]
Here's w weird one...

jQuery Tabs will not work unless I use a trailing slash in my url. Anyone have any idea why?

Code:
$(document).ready(function(){
    $("#tabs").tabs({
        fx: {opacity: "toggle"}
    });
});

[eluser]slowgary[/eluser]
This problem is a figment of your imagination. JavaScript (and thus, jQuery) shouldn't really care about the URL as it mainly just manipulates the DOM. It shouldn't matter.

Does it happen in all browsers? Are you using the tabs in conjunction with ajax? Can you post a link to where you're experiencing this issue? Have you recently suffered any sort of head trauma? I have, smacked my head on a really big regex. Hurt really really bad.

[eluser]thinkigniter[/eluser]
try
Code:
$(document).ready(function(){
    $("#tabs").tabs({
        fx: {opacity: "toggle"};
    });
});

notice the
Code:
;
at the end of
Code:

Code:
That's just a parameter of the tabs function. I don't think the semicolon fits. It would be like doing this:
Code:
alert(string;);

Plus that would throw an error if it was required (assuming your browser alerts you of errors)

[eluser]thinkigniter[/eluser]
OK, My bad,

So what has the juery/JqueryUI Tabs have to do with your URI?

Can you give an example?

It really doesn't. That's why I'm hoping to check it an example somewhere to investigate further.

[eluser]weetstraw[/eluser]
I ended up using Viewer for Mootools, which works fine. I prefer jQuery but no matter what, it just wouldn't work.

Localhost has AUTO for uri_protocal and my remote server uses ORIG_PATH_INFO.

That's really strange, I don't get why it would matter. I prefer jQuery too, much lighter than mootools. Glad to see you got it working.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB