Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Is it normal for a coder to have all the controllers in 1 file? Main.php

[eluser]vmirjamali[/eluser]
Man your a bitter one wireddesignz, Did I ever say I didn't ask him for the code to be maintainable? I actually did, i also asked for it to be commented out, as well as it to be easily scalable. I hate when people just bash on someone without knowing a thing about it. Yea that would be you.

On the other hand it's my fault for not being more aware of coding, just wish I was.

[eluser]wiredesignz[/eluser]
Maybe you need to be clearer when you ask for ideas on the forum.

Just say you only want supportive replies posted.

[eluser]ggoforth[/eluser]
[quote author="wiredesignz" date="1240897586"]
Just say you only want supportive replies posted.[/quote]

I've never understood why people take the time to give sarcastic or otherwise not useful responses. What's the point? The guy is looking for help....can't help...why post?

Greg

[eluser]Thorpe Obazee[/eluser]
[quote author="ggoforth" date="1240901317"][quote author="wiredesignz" date="1240897586"]
Just say you only want supportive replies posted.[/quote]

I've never understood why people take the time to give sarcastic or otherwise not useful responses. What's the point? The guy is looking for help....can't help...why post?

Greg[/quote]

It is a discussion forum. Nothing bad in bringing up a point in the discussion.

[quote author="bargainph" date="1240901520"]

It is a discussion forum. Nothing bad in bringing up a point in the discussion.[/quote]

Which I get, and looking at his past history of post, (and there's a lot of them) he's a very active member of the community. I just get tired of people posting sarcastic responses that aren't meant to do nothing but make the OP feel stupid. The guys is clearly not a coder (the op), and just wanted some input....I just think there are better ways of going about what he said.

In my view the whole point of a forum is to give help, not discourage people from asking. Why else would we waste our time here?

Greg

@ggoforth, Read the thread again, I had made a genuine reply earlier and the OP did not like what I said. Hence the second reply.

[eluser]vmirjamali[/eluser]
Nah it's alright I was just fast to get angry. My bad. Sorry Wireddesignz, I did overreact.

Anyway's now talking with another coder trying to figure out how to undo this mess and make the site unusable.

[quote author="wiredesignz" date="1240902120"]@ggoforth, Read the thread again, I had made a genuine reply earlier and the OP did not like what I said. Hence the second reply.[/quote]

Ok, ok, I'm stepping down off my soap box. (wow did I just fold like a cheap card table). I think I'm just jaded with why some people post on forums like this in general. It's really not even this forum, but it seems like some people just post just to make other people feel stupid (which I realize now was not your original intention...) Whatever, I'm running on 2 hours sleep and 3 sugar free red bulls...I'm just irritable...

[quote author="vmirjamali" date="1240902741"]... Anyway's now talking with another coder trying to figure out how to undo this mess and make the site unusable.[/quote]

My observation here is that you are learning something about coding style and what you want from a coder. Trust your intuition and get a proper dialogue going with him.

[eluser]Thorpe Obazee[/eluser]
[quote author="vmirjamali" date="1240902741"]Nah it's alright I was just fast to get angry. My bad. Sorry Wireddesignz, I did overreact.[/quote]

*hugs* Smile

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB