Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Session Randomly Destroyed???

[eluser]Kyle Johnson[/eluser]
I was stress testing a single page by clicking a submit button very quickly. I wanted to verify that no random errors occur during high stress situations. Well, as I was doing this, I noticed my session data was being destroyed. I checked the access and error logs for apache, but saw nothing directing me to my logout page.

Anyone have any ideas why this might happen?

I use the session class with database access. I checked the db, and still see the sessions being listed in the database. I'm very confused.

[eluser]drewbee[/eluser]
I run across this as well. 10 bucks sais it has to do with the sess_regenerate time. I've removed most of it from my extended session version and I think I am going to completely remove it. I don't like the idea of the session id being regenerated programmaticly at random intervals (even if they are set time frames). This is a huge issue when used in conjunction with AJAX as well, as it is possible to have the old session_id while the ajax call that disappears into nothingness gets the new id.

[eluser]Kyle Johnson[/eluser]
Hmmm.. how would I disable the session regeneration? I turned the time to zero a long time ago, but obviously that hasn't helped me. Which probably means it is being updated every time? looking at this line of code in the session library.
Code:
if (($this->userdata['last_activity'] + $this->sess_time_to_update) >= $this->now)

I'm guessing I could just make the sess_time_to_update to a very large number.

[eluser]drewbee[/eluser]
Yeah. I thought I removed this line myself but can't remember completely. I will be removing it when I go to a production environment though.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB