Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Codeigniter Site Hacked

[eluser]johnwbaxter[/eluser]
They probably didn't it was probably a fairly automated attack that simply injected content rather than download content, however, better to be safe that sorry.

If you are on linux you may want to change the root password too (or better yet disallow root login directly)

[eluser]Patient[/eluser]
[quote author="audiopleb" date="1241016799"]They probably didn't it was probably a fairly automated attack that simply injected content rather than download content, however, better to be safe that sorry.

If you are on linux you may want to change the root password too (or better yet disallow root login directly)[/quote]

I'm on shared hosting with 1and1.com so there's a limit to what I can do. I have submitted a ticket but don't really expect that they will reveal anything to me!

[eluser]johnwbaxter[/eluser]
Yes, the chances of getting anythign out of them is slim! I've got a dedicated server from them and i don't beleive they have any idea of what they are doing....

[eluser]Zeeshan Rasool[/eluser]
I am not defending CI, but telling you some thing, they hacked your site through FTP. Share hosting also has this problem.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB