Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
controller nested folders

[eluser]Jagar[/eluser]
Sorry Dam1an I thought you knew, IIS ( Internet Information Services) in windows, it's a web server that comes with XP PRO / Vista and servers. It does not support url rewriting, there is a Isapi module, but it's not free.

[eluser]Jagar[/eluser]
I was working on the IIS 5.1 in Xp for a while, but then I got really tire, because it wouldn't work, so I just use apache 2.2 for now, is the best.

[eluser]Dam1an[/eluser]
[quote author="Jagar" date="1241114882"]Sorry Dam1an I thought you knew, IIS ( Internet Information Services) in windows, it's a web server that comes with XP PRO / Vista and servers. It does not support url rewriting, there is a Isapi module, but it's not free.[/quote]

Ahh, I explicitly do web dev with Apache, which explains why I've never heard of it

[eluser]Jagar[/eluser]
This project is for my work, but I've tried my personal web site, which is shared hosting, and still does not work.

Dam1an, would you be able to do a quick testing on your side using folder inside folder in controllers, just want to be sure it's not only me.

Thanks

[eluser]Dam1an[/eluser]
Ok, I'll test it this evening when I get home from work

[eluser]Jagar[/eluser]
Thanks a lot!

[eluser]Jagar[/eluser]
I have moved the files from the folder back to where it was before, and have add prefixes at the beginning, to keep them organized.

You do not need to do any testing. Thanks anyways!

[eluser]Jagar[/eluser]
Having everything under controllers folder is such a mess, and I"m still trying to find why my sub folder does not work.

Here is my structure again:

controller home is my default controller.

[Controllers]
[admin]
[test]
home.php

this is how i'm trying to access it. localhost/consultations/index.php/admin/test

Please help, i'm using apache 2.2 in windows xp sp2.

Thanks

[eluser]Jagar[/eluser]
I guess it's not possible as Pascal Kriete said on http://ellislab.com/forums/viewthread/79766/, the controller nested folder is limited to one, unless using a modular.

I will try to use that and see what happens.

[eluser]simshaun[/eluser]
While the documentation does not clearly come out and say it, and I think it ought to, it does give a subtle hint as to why you were having the problem.
Quote:Note: When using this feature the first segment of your URI must specify the folder.
In other words, any segment past the first cant specify a folder.

I'm not sure if you can achieve what you want through Matchbox or HMVC, but it may be worth looking at. (I've never used either one, or I'd tell you.)

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB