Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Implement Forum on my Site...!!!

[eluser]Zeeshan Rasool[/eluser]
Dam1an thank you dude, you r always looking so fast... ;-)

Quote:Functionality-wise? I’ll just bash out some random thoughts (I get a lot of them, so I’ll try to stay on-topic). If it’s not what you wanted, or if you want more information on something specific, I’m sure you’ll let me know.

MPTT to maintain the categories.
Zend_Search_Lucene for indexing posts.
Breadcrumb class for helping users navigate.

Can we use Zend_search_lucene in CI?
Is there any library/class that can be help ful? also i am using jquery in my site so is there any thing on which i can apply jquery in forum so that i maintain style for my site?

[eluser]TheFuzzy0ne[/eluser]
Using [url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tree_traversal"]MPTT[/url], you can get all that in a single database call. I use the fantastic [url="http://ellislab.com/forums/viewthread/74114/"]MPTtree library[/url].

[quote author="zEsHaN" date="1241124951"]Can we use Zend_search_lucene in CI?[/quote]

Yes. You can use most of, if not all of the PEAR libraries with CodeIgniter. It integrates nicely if you [url="http://www.cmjackson.net/tutorials/how-to-use-zend_search_lucene-with-the-php-framework-codeigniter/"]extend the Loader library[/url].

[quote author="zEsHaN" date="1241124951"]Is there any library/class that can be help ful?[/quote]

For what?

[quote author="zEsHaN" date="1241124951"]also i am using jquery in my site so is there any thing on which i can apply jquery in forum so that i maintain style for my site?[/quote]

I don't really understand the question, but I think more coffee is the answer.

[eluser]garymardell[/eluser]
Well i never NEEDED one but it would have been nice for some projects to have one. It was never worth my time creating one and taking time away from doing other projects.

Yeah definetly make the stand alone forum first and add a layer. I just think that layer could be an API. Maybe a REST/xml implementation. This way it would allow the sites to not even be on the same server providing the correct security measures are kept. It would certainly mean you didn't have to install both site and forum to the same database. Start including forum core files etc.

Well thanks Fuzzy garymardel , Fuzzy i was talking about that i am using jquery as a part of my site so can i apply it on forum means is there any thing in forum on which jquery can be applied?

[eluser]garymardell[/eluser]
Well fast reply like this forum, Quick edit. Members list (alphabetical pagination). Thats all i can think of at the moment. Try to make the forum not ajaxed and styled up, just use it to enhance some features. When people start javascripting everything it becomes abit of a mess.

ok you are right garymardell. I will keep this thing in my mind. I used just n level category option and thinking to put some other functionalites in it. well keep going with good suggestion.....!!!

[quote author="zEsHaN" date="1241173035"]Well thanks Fuzzy garymardel , Fuzzy i was talking about that i am using jquery as a part of my site so can i apply it on forum means is there any thing in forum on which jquery can be applied?[/quote]

I have no idea what you mean...

leave it dude, i am fighting with editing n level categories. Coz im showing links for previous hierarchy from parent to sub level means
A->B->C->COMBO
when user clicks on B then B should be selected in COMBO and look like this
A->COMBO

MPTT. Honestly, it makes life a lot easier, and it doesn't take too long to learn it.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB