Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Discontinued

[eluser]mysterious[/eluser]
having the same problem as well. Any Idea ??

[quote author="fatdogs12" date="1263943983"]I really want to try iScaffold out but every time I click generate I get this error:

An Error Was Encountered
The URI you submitted has disallowed characters.

It does that no matter what I try to change. Anyone have any ideas on what could be causing it?[/quote]

[eluser]mysterious[/eluser]
When i click on generate this error message appears.

An Error Was Encountered

The URI you submitted has disallowed characters.

Any Idea ??

[eluser]pkMyt1[/eluser]
Does anyone know if iScaffold is alive? I have used v2.0 and found it very useful (I am an advanced beginner). It is required some refactoring to get all its components up to date. I would like to give what I have done back to the authors but have not heard from them.

[eluser]The Wizard[/eluser]
Hello,

i am the author of the original v1 Smile
A cool guy made version 2.0, i am vaguely planing on resuming work on that
but god knows when i will have the time.

So for now, you can tell it's on ice Smile

[eluser]pkMyt1[/eluser]
I understand, we all need to do what puts a roof over our heads and food on the table. I have been able to use it and do like what it does. If you ever get back to it and want some help I'll do what I can. Programming is not my day job though and I only learned PHP and CI to give people access to a database I put together.

[eluser]The Wizard[/eluser]
Do not rely on this, nor another method that generates code for you. It's basic stuff, very lazy stuff to be honest Smile Try to learn what you need and get help if you get stuck from stackoverflow.

Learn, work, apply, advance. That's the strategy to success Smile

[eluser]pkMyt1[/eluser]
Good point about relying on code generators and I agree. Also about the generated code being basic (I would add not the most elegant either :-) ), I would never expect complex elegant code from this type of project. I do not blindly rely on the code iScaffold generates to set up a site. I still like the package though. Getting under the hood and taking it iScaffold apart helped with my understanding of PHP and CI. The generated code for my project still needed a lot of tweaking but that has taken less time than if I had to type everything from scratch. For a beginner or someone with not a lot of experience this is helpful. With that I thank you for iScaffold.

[eluser]Alex Florea[/eluser]
Good. THX

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB