i definitely keep that in mind Smile

[eluser]Yorick Peterse[/eluser]
[quote author="herrkaleun" date="1241316846"]sure Smile
it would be cool if we make that in the final release Smile
i definitely keep that in mind Smile[/quote]

No problem at all Smile

[eluser]Dreammaker[/eluser]
Feature requests:
1) generation based on .yml-files (including validation and foreign keys)
2) i18n in database

Smile

[eluser]The Wizard[/eluser]
Hello dreammaker Smile
the entire thing can be configured by the /templates directory,
i however will take much more care for future conversions or modifications for that.

what can be better in the database?
could you be more specific ?

i hope you liked it, take care Smile

[eluser]Dam1an[/eluser]
Hi, I've only had a chance to have a quick look through it, and the output it generates
I can see this being useful for rapid prototyping and mockups etc, and even for small to medium scale applications, but unfortunatly, it isn't quite for me, as I'm working on a very large project, and have a lot of very complex relationships that this (in its current version) is unable to model.

I'll have a look at how much I can get it towards something more suited to me by modifying the template files

As a whole, it looks very promising, and I have a few suggestions that I picked up (I'll have some more no doubt when I go through it in more detail)
- You should give the option to return objects or arrays from the model (maybe its already possible, but I missed it)
- the list (enroll) function in the models can be just the get and return as result_array or result (there's also no need to speicy each field seperatly, just let it default to everything)
- In the create method in the controller, even null fields are set to required by default?
- It would be nice if it could detect foreign keys based on tablename_id (assuming the id field is the PK) and auto join on this

Thats it for now
But it definatly looks promising Smile

thanks for your extensive reply Smile
yes it is definitely unusable for big projects, it is intended to work for smaller projects and
really beginning applications where you do some database design and can begin coding right away.

the detection is very primitive as it only looks up the table names and puts them to the validation.
its rather intended that the user corrects the 'required' section for its own needs.

- You should give the option to return objects or arrays from the model (maybe its already possible, but I missed it)
* i would love to hear, how exactly a result from this would look like, so i can understand in which way it would help
more

- the list (enroll) function in the models can be just the get and return as result_array or result (there’s also no need to speicy each field seperatly, just let it default to everything)
* will fix that

- It would be nice if it could detect foreign keys based on tablename_id (assuming the id field is the PK) and auto join on this
* i think for detecting the PK i would need to take a SQL export but why not, it could be done.
could you just send me an example of what is joined (maybe a small example) and i could try to do something to it.
would be cool.

by the way, currently it generates the code on a table basis, maybe ill change it dramatically so it generates for the entire
database. dunno Smile

im very happy that the majority likes this little too, i also thank you very very much for the time you toke to analyze it.
your very kind.

take care friends Smile

[eluser]Dreammaker[/eluser]
herrkaleun, i18n = internationalization .

In symfony a developer can specify some fields that will be made in a seperate table of internationalization.

Something like this:

id lang_id constant value
1 RU Cat кот
2 DE Cat Kater
3 UA Cat Кіт

Data from table will be used for localization in view

//Controller
$data['lang'] = $this->uri->segment(1);

//View
<h1>__("Cat", $lang)</H1>

About /templates directory: I think prototyping of CRUD based on YAML is much flexible and easier and I want to see it in your CRUD generator in future. Smile You can use existing PHP Classes for yaml-parsing.

p.s. Any way your projects is good stuff and i like it! Smile

ah Smile thank you.
yup, i will consider that.

it would be cool if this project goes big and some developers would join and it would
grow a little bit and maybe get somehow integrated with CI or be a good tool, which
much of us would use. Smile

[eluser]Dam1an[/eluser]
Even if it does go all the way, I can't see it being inter=grated with the CI core, as it would 'force' a given style onto the end user, whereas CI tries to be as open ended as possible

[eluser]Yorick Peterse[/eluser]
[quote author="herrkaleun" date="1241400237"]ah Smile thank you.
yup, i will consider that.

it would be cool if this project goes big and some developers would join and it would
grow a little bit and maybe get somehow integrated with CI or be a good tool, which
much of us would use. Smile[/quote]

I'm quite interested in helping you out, however it would require me probably a day or so to digg into your code and understanding it Smile

Perhaps an idea to make a Google code project for it ?

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB