Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Moved Servers, Site shows MySQL Variable Instead of Data

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
I just moved a codeigniter built site from one server to another as well as the database. I updated all the database information. Upon first glance, everything worked right and the page was functional.

Shortly after, the page was functional but at every spot the page was supposed to get data from the database, it was showing the variable instead such as value?> instead of the actual item.

If I then change the database server address from say 127.0.0.1 to the public IP, it'll work again for one or two page loads and then break. It's as if it has issues forming the connections.

Any thoughts?

Also, I do have other website setup on this server and their mysql apps work just fine. Very confused here.

[eluser]Derek Allard[/eluser]
Welcome to CodeIgntier Samuch. Is is your theory that this is a codeigniter bug, or are you just seeking help? If you're looking for help, I could move this into a different forum to get more eyeballs on it for you.

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
Hey Derek,

I'm not sure if it's a bug or general support question honestly. If you think it'd be more productive to move to another forum feel free to do so. I can't seem to find how to move it.

Thanks.

[eluser]Derek Allard[/eluser]
No problem man. I've never heard of anything like that before, so I thought it may be specific to your setup or server (vs a CI bug). But I'm not sure either. It doesn't sound like a CI bug, but I have no ideas on how to resolve it. I'll leave it here for now (only moderators or admins can move posts).

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB