Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Ellis needs to make a print version of user guide

[eluser]RJ[/eluser]
If there isn't one already (I've searched and don't see it), It'd be nice if Ellis would consider sending their User Guide to print so we can purchase through here or Amazon or Borders. I personally enjoy print reference rather than on screen, and paper isn't as nice in my opinion either. PRINT! :coolgrin: Smile

Any one else agree?

Best

[eluser]n0xie[/eluser]
PDF? :-s

http://rapidshare.com/files/229844485/Co...1.pdf.html

[eluser]RJ[/eluser]
Very nice, just downloaded, thanks! Still want a book, easier to carry around and reference in my opinion. Hey maybe I could publish and pay Ellis royalties! Tongue

[eluser]RJ[/eluser]
Now I should say "we" the quick reference for Methods in your PDF is great, thanks again.

[eluser]garymardell[/eluser]
Only problems with a printed/book form of the user guide is what do you do when a version changes, and they do fairly often. Or when methods get deprecated. Printing a new modified book each time would be a little unnecessary.

[eluser]RJ[/eluser]
?? aren't there hundreds of books on JS, CSS, Pear, Zend, etc. A quick reference and user guide twice a year with new tutorials and useful information in solely my opinion, would be fantastic.

Include tutorials of the more robust CI applications recognizing the original authors; something like that may have an unintended consequence of additional high quality applications published by the community.

[eluser]jdfwarrior[/eluser]
[quote author="bullspit" date="1241656551"]?? aren't there hundreds of books on JS, CSS, Pear, Zend, etc. A quick reference and user guide twice a year with new tutorials and useful information in solely my opinion, would be fantastic.

Include tutorials of the more robust CI applications recognizing the original authors; something like that may have an unintended consequence of additional high quality applications published by the community.[/quote]

The user guide is just that, a guide. Its a reference. It's not a novel. It's not there for you to sit down and read a story. If you wanted a physical, printed book about CodeIgniter, it wouldn't be the manual.

[eluser]Dam1an[/eluser]
So you're saying you want a CI based novel? Maybe it would become a best seller Tongue
... And CI lived happily ever after ...

[eluser]jdfwarrior[/eluser]
[quote author="Dam1an" date="1241658743"]So you're saying you want a CI based novel? Maybe it would become a best seller Tongue
... And CI lived happily ever after ...[/quote]

Did CI get the girl? lol.

[eluser]Dam1an[/eluser]
Its one of the books where you decide the outcome... And are you assuming CI is male, or lesbian?

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB