Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
CodeIgniter in Macromedia Dreamweaver

[eluser]SeasonedCoder[/eluser]
I'm developing a web site for a client who uses Dreamweaver to make adjustments, etc. I guess (not sure though) it's not going to "play" well with CodeIgniter (due to file structure, etc). So, is there anything I can do with my project so that when I open it in Dreamweaver it displays everything smoothly?

[eluser]Dam1an[/eluser]
It depends what you mean by 'play well'
If you mean about getting autocomplete to work for stuff like $this->db->... then you probably won't, although I know its possible with Netbeans (see this thread), the same method might work for DW

Also, if you have the core and application folders seperated from each other, be sure to include the core folder in your path for the application

Sorry for not being verbose enough.

Well, basically I don't care about auto-complete, etc. Since Dreamweaver is a kind of wysiwig editor, it only concerns my views (neither controllers nor models). So, imagine this scenario: all my views are comprised of 3 parts: the header, the footer, and the view itself.

Code:
<?php $this->load->view('admin/header'); ?>

<h1>My View Here</h1>a

&lt;?php $this->load->view('admin/footer'); ?&gt;

What I want that whenever I open this page in DW (well, not me, the client) it displays smoothly including header, and footer.

P.S.

Sorry, if smth is wrong with the explanation: I have never worked with DW. May be it's smart enough to figure out that kind of things, I'm just not sure, that's why I ask.

[eluser]Dam1an[/eluser]
Ah, now I get what you mean
I havn't used dreamweaver for a long time (since MX2004, before it became Adobe), but I know that any PHP code you had was just replaced in the view by an icon, which you could then click to go to the PHP in the source code
So all you would see is the design for the main view, but a placeholder for the header and footer (and any PHP in the main view)
It might work if you doa good old fashioned include() to get the view, hopefully it will understand that

Ok, I see.

Well, no, I don't want to change my code just to make it more dw friendly.

[eluser]Jondolar[/eluser]
Hi SeasonedCoder,

I use CI and DW (new to CI) and I have the same issue. In DW, you CAN see the layout of HTML code if you have a PHP included file. However, using a CI object to include the headers/footers does not work and I have not found a decent work-around either.

[eluser]NachoF[/eluser]
DW has a live code thing that runs your code and displays what was returned.. the thing is, you would have to ALWAYS run index.php on dreamweaver... but you will be able to see all your views exactly as in the browser.... it still sucks though.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB