Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
CodeIgniter 1.7.2 Question

[eluser]hasokeric[/eluser]
Just curious if we the forum members could get a peek inside the next release of CI.

What kind of features/bug fixes will be added/fixed.

When can we expect the new CI to be released ?

[eluser]Thorpe Obazee[/eluser]
You should probably look into the trunk version. There, you can see the updates.

About the release, only EL guys know?

[eluser]xwero[/eluser]
You can check the SVN trunk. If you want the documented changes check the changelog but it's not the complete list of changes. If you use FCPATH before 1.7.2 you have to do
Code:
dirname(FCPATH)
But in 1.7.2 the file, index.php, has been removed from the constant. It's the biggest change i noticed.

[eluser]Dam1an[/eluser]
Hmm... the Changelog page just spits out the source code instead of a rendered page... wierd huh?

[eluser]xwero[/eluser]
Not really if you look at the headers the content-type is text/plain instead of text/html. The page isn't meant to be looked at in a browser.

[eluser]Dam1an[/eluser]
you expect me to look at headers? Tongue

[eluser]xwero[/eluser]
No just deduct SVN trunk means editing not displaying. And to edit a page 'real' coders need to see all characters not the rendered content.

[eluser]hasokeric[/eluser]
I actually like this from the changelog..

[b]# Added a new Cart Class. (Finnaly a shopping cart class)
# Added the ability to pass $config['file_name'] for the File Uploading Class and rename the uploaded file.[/b]

[eluser]jdfwarrior[/eluser]
I'm a dork, didn't bother me at all that it was code. I read it just the same ha.

[eluser]Cambo[/eluser]
[quote author="hasokeric" date="1242311896"]I actually like this from the changelog..

[b]# Added a new Cart Class. (Finnaly a shopping cart class)
# Added the ability to pass $config['file_name'] for the File Uploading Class and rename the uploaded file.[/b][/quote]

You mean the 6 months I took to develop my own Cart was a waste of time!???? Confusedhut:

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB