Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
CodeIgniter (getting) popular

[eluser]alboyd[/eluser]
Amen theshiftexchange - without Frameworks let alone CodeIgniter things would be very time consuming. Thanks CI

[eluser]dbashyal[/eluser]
[quote author="Dam1an" date="1242325712"]Yes CI has definatly become more popular Smile
When I first found it, it was buried among Cake, Zend and symphony to name a few, but it now ranks #1 on Google for "PHP framework" (I think its biased as Google probably tracks my history)

A lot of high profile bloggers are now mentioning CI when discussing frameworks and PHP so its definatly getting noticed a lot more

Smile[/quote]

Wow you are correct. it defintely ranks #1 in google just checked to confirm. I love CI so much i'm feeling lazy to learn zend. Because of magento, i need to learn zend as well. But it seems bit difficult the way it works. Haven't checked with full interest yet though. After seeing cart library i'm so excited that there will be some ecommerce from CI to replace magento one day.

May be I should start adding ecommerce stuffs in my cms soon.

[eluser]oo00_Mr_K_00oo[/eluser]
I think you'll find CI getting more and more popular too .. take me for example, I've been a web junky for .. well a long time. I'm what I call a web hack - I learned PHP from online tutorials - but I never really became a solid developer - I tend to pull in around me web experts ... I can keep my pace with them .. but...

Along the way I've been introduced to Symfony and many other frameworks ... but I've never spent enough time in them to keep up my knowledge. Because I've come from a background of building EVERYTHING myself, I always struggled with frameworks that force you to do THIS or THAT or the next thing.

I LOVE the speed of development in a Framework, and for my last project I chose CakePHP - seriously, it was great, but this time I sat down to develop an app ... I've come off almost 12+ months of NO development. I couldn't get anything to work in CakePHP, I kept tripping up on the basics. YII wasn't any better ... and I thought you know what ... I've not looked at CodeIgnitor in ages .. lets look

It just works .... the way I expect it too ... the only thing that really gets me ... I can't $_SESSION .. but yeah, nevermind that. I LOVE DX_AUTH as well ... and then you see the likes of Elliot Haughin & his CodeIgnitor libraries ... and using these, and having NEVER developed anything in CI, within 2 hours I had a fully functioning, multi-account, Twitter tool running.

As an old web nut, who only develops when he can't afford to hire a real developer ... CI is a live saver!

PS: I'll be bringing my current CI app to market in the next week - a Bible Reading system - built from the ground up in probably 24 hours (that's 24 hours, not 1 day) ... it'll be in beta of course but you know .... I couldn't do it in any other framework (and yes I've TRIED!!)

[eluser]Crimp[/eluser]
[quote author="theshiftexchange" date="1242412848"]I came across CodeIgniter by accident when starting out in PHP 3 weeks ago.[/quote]

Since you only started out in PHP 3 weeks ago, I would have jumped straight to PHP 5.

[eluser]tkyy[/eluser]
ci is great, its also a great way to learn (through abstracted code). i prefer it over zf, cake, rails, etc because of its simplicity (and not having to use a command line is always nice)

[eluser]alboyd[/eluser]
[quote author="Crimp" date="1242509125"][quote author="theshiftexchange" date="1242412848"]I came across CodeIgniter by accident when starting out in PHP 3 weeks ago.[/quote]

Since you only started out in PHP 3 weeks ago, I would have jumped straight to PHP 5.[/quote]

I like what you did there. Smile ahaha

[eluser]Dam1an[/eluser]
[quote author="alboyd" date="1242528498"][quote author="Crimp" date="1242509125"][quote author="theshiftexchange" date="1242412848"]I came across CodeIgniter by accident when starting out in PHP 3 weeks ago.[/quote]

Since you only started out in PHP 3 weeks ago, I would have jumped straight to PHP 5.[/quote]

I like what you did there. Smile ahaha[/quote]

How did I not notice what was going on there until you mentioned it... (its been a long day)

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB