Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
CodeIgniter (getting) popular

[eluser]alboyd[/eluser]
When I started using CodeIgniter I don't remember it being one of the most popular but it seems to be very popular these days. Assuming that members of Whirlpool are representative. Whirlpool is the (or close to) number one forums in Australia to discuss a range of things but a lot of focus on programming, web development, web hosting etc.

From the Web Development forum the following thread is happening at the moment and CodeIgniter is kicking arse in the poll of preferred Framework. 70% of votes out of 23 respondents so far!

http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-rep...?t=1201027

[eluser]Dam1an[/eluser]
Yes CI has definatly become more popular Smile
When I first found it, it was buried among Cake, Zend and symphony to name a few, but it now ranks #1 on Google for "PHP framework" (I think its biased as Google probably tracks my history)

A lot of high profile bloggers are now mentioning CI when discussing frameworks and PHP so its definatly getting noticed a lot more

Smile

[eluser]Jagar[/eluser]
Codeigniter should get even popuplar, because I don't think there's an easier framework as CI. CI rocks!

[eluser]Stu Green[/eluser]
CI has changed my life, seriously.

[eluser]Dam1an[/eluser]
[quote author="haloweb" date="1242340119"]CI has changed my life, seriously.[/quote]
In a good or bad way Tongue

[eluser]Jondolar[/eluser]
Those Aussies always seem to be ahead of us here in the States Smile. I predict CI to continue to grow in popularity here as well. It better because I've never picked a technology that didn't dominate (except for Borland C++, DBASE, FoxBase, Atari, Novell, Citrix, Netscape, Yahoo and Circuit City).

CI is so tight, so solid, so flexible and so totally awesome (trying to hide my age).

[eluser]Phil Sturgeon[/eluser]
I was shocked to see the Alexa rank the other day being a whopping 14,761.

6 month comparison graph
Max data comparison

Compared to CakePHP and Syphony it seems that CodeIgniter is doing almost exactly as well, but SLIGHTLY on top at the moment, but it used to be a whole load ahead. The difference seems to be getting smaller, which may be due to the recent lack of CI releases while the guys have been working on EE 2.0. Fair enough, it is worth the wait.

[eluser]Dam1an[/eluser]
Some interesting stats on there, although this one seems abit odd
Quote:Average Load Time for Codeigniter.com
Average (2.914 Seconds), 42% of sites are faster.

Maybe thats all the users for who it doesn't load first time

[eluser]Dam1an[/eluser]
Some interesting stats on there, although this one seems abit odd
Quote:Average Load Time for Codeigniter.com
Average (2.914 Seconds), 42% of sites are faster.

Maybe thats all the users for who it doesn't load first time

Edit: Huh? Double Post?

[eluser]theshiftexchange[/eluser]
I came across CodeIgniter by accident when starting out in PHP 3 weeks ago.

Actually - I came across the concepts of "frameworks" by accident - lol.

After doing a quick review I narrowed my choices to CodeIngiter and CakePHP. After bit of a more focused review of the two quickly made me realize I love the CI approach, and it flowed well with my OOP programming style.

I dread to think what may have occurred if I never found CI (or frameworks in general)... Wink

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB