Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Corporate Site using CodeIgniter!

[eluser]Iverson[/eluser]
I work for an individual unit of a Fortune 500 company (which I won't name Smile and developed their site using CI. Of course since it's just a marketing website, there isn't too much complex stuff going on. I'm also included quite a few popular libraries/frameworks including Datamapper, xajax, jquery, facelift, and the 960 grid. Check it out!

http://www.d2lab.net

[eluser]agubski[/eluser]
Hi,

looks nice! the right hand menu - is it done using flash? or this is scripting? I love these side sliding transitions and was alway wondering how to program one in.

Cheers

Alex

[eluser]Iverson[/eluser]
[quote author="Alex_first time on PHP" date="1242420562"]Hi,

looks nice! the right hand menu - is it done using flash? or this is scripting? I love these side sliding transitions and was alway wondering how to program one in.

Cheers

Alex[/quote]

Thanks. All jQuery my friend. I hate Flash. It's too much overhead for me. The 3 sections on the homepage are done using the jQuery Cycle Plugin. I make the transitions change using hoverIntent. It's a jQuery plugin that instead of immediately calling the onMouseOver function, it waits until the user's mouse slows down enough before making the call. You could just use regular "fadeIn()" or "slideDown()" effects that come with jQuery but the Cycle plugin has a lot more animations.

Another reason for not using Flash is that a lot of gov't locations block it, thus renderingg it useless.

[eluser]NachoF[/eluser]
That looks pretty good... I wish I knew CSS... I can code pretty well with (logic, models, javascript, etc) but my html/css abilities are crap.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB