Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Trailing slashes

[eluser]Riley123[/eluser]
ok thanks so much.

I think the linktag with the array will just confuse the designers so i will stick to <?= base_url()?> before the links. It's easy to read, but it's too bad relative links can't just work as normal. The designers use dreamweaver and usually complain if the css and images don't appear in their design view.

Using an open source site like Bamboo invoice is a great way for me to look at how codeigniter works and is all put together.

great forum!

[eluser]Daniel Moore[/eluser]
[quote author="Riley123" date="1242527957"]The designers use dreamweaver and usually complain if the css and images don't appear in their design view.
[/quote]

I haven't been forced to work with a designer that uses that software, and I'm glad of it. The only designers I have personally worked with since I started freelance has used plain text editors. If a designer tells me they use Dreamweaver, I keep looking for a designer, because I want one that actually knows how to code it and not one who can only use Dreamweaver. That's what it takes when working with PHP frameworks.

I do design as well, and wouldn't dream of polluting it with something like that. I've found I can do it much more efficiently in UltraEdit. Those types of programs are just too limited. They do not handle PHP frameworks, as they are not designed to handle PHP frameworks.

It's too bad you have that to deal with. I used to have problems working with designers when I worked for a corporation and I am so thankful those days are over.

Sorry for the rant. Good luck with your project.

[eluser]Dam1an[/eluser]
I also share your pain... I know of people who use Dreamweaver, and as a result of it, they don't know PHP, they only know limited XHTML and CSS. They ask me for help when doing a simple if statement, as in that particular case DW isn't generating it for them

(and I hate the way DW iteratoes of database results)

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB