Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
CodeIgniter capabilities

[eluser]artificialkid[/eluser]
Hy guys, I just want to ask something about Codeigniter.
Im a mostly a designer with some programming skis, mostly web-standard related. I tried using codeigniter must just for my personal use.

Now my boss asked me if i can design and build an application that does the following:

1. it is my company website
2- that as a login area that each one of our customers as a personal private page were they can access all there files and see messages, projects, download files related to them.

My question is, is this possible using codeigniter?

thanks

[eluser]Dam1an[/eluser]
Yes and yes Smile
Anything which is possible with plain PHP is possible with CI, as CI is just a framework, it just makes it a lot easier

I'm actually doing a similar thing using CI right now, so its definatly possible Smile

Hello thanks for your reply, do you think its a manageable project for a designer with some programming skills?

Smile

[eluser]Dam1an[/eluser]
Depends on just how much PHP/CI you know, and how much you're willing to learn

The implementation side tends to be the asy part, its the planning how its all going to fit together is often the harder part

But does the same installation of CI can manage a company website and private password protected pages for clients

[eluser]tkyy[/eluser]
of course ci can do what you want it to do its a matter of if you know what your doing or not (you dont).

but i know what your asking, and ci would def be a good place to start to build the type of application you described.

His there some averrable documentation, or a good book I can read or buy

[eluser]Dam1an[/eluser]
[quote author="artificialkid" date="1242518199"]But does the same installation of CI can manage a company website and private password protected pages for clients[/quote]

Yeah, you would just need to out a check if they're logged in (session data) in the controllers of the protecte sections
Any public parts of the site don't need that check

[eluser]tkyy[/eluser]
if you havent found the documentation yet im seriously giving up on this thread

[eluser]@Frédéric Quié - bleekom.org[/eluser]
It's possible, have a look at Bleekom Smile

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB