Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Scaffolding Problem

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
Ok so im new to codeigniter and kind of experienced with php and i was following the second video tutorial after the first one and there is a small problem when i try and load the scaffolding this is what im using to load it:
Code:
$this->load->scaffolding ('entries');
entries being my table name, and i set it up with my code name and when i go to it, it loads but when i try and add a new entry it givs me a

the requested URL /index.php/blog/scaffolding/add was not found on this server. error also the css is not showing up on the main scaffolding page either could someone please help me with this? thanks also i hope this is in the right forum i didnt see one that said help with codeignitor so i posted it here

[eluser]Dam1an[/eluser]
Scaffolding is now deprecated, and has just been left for backward compatibility, so you shouldn't really use it for any new code

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
ahh ok thank you

[eluser]jedd[/eluser]
Scaffolding was never really a particularly strong feature, I gather, and security concerns always existed with it.

My personal preference is to use a bunch of .mysql files and include them at the command line.

Alternatives - if you're using NetBeans I believe this has a decent GUI for doing much the same kind of database work, and of course you can always use PHPMyAdmin (very powerful tool) if you want to insert data easily through a web front end.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB