Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Comment script at bottom of page

[eluser]appelflap[/eluser]
Hi everybody!

I just started using CI a day ago and changed the code of small existing scripts to get an idea of the workings of CI. The website I have has a couple of controllers that display different things into an 'end view'. I'm not totally happy with the structure of the controllers/views.... I would like to know what the best way is to put a comment script at the bottom of all the controllers that can be viewed on my page. It will consist of a title/message box, a submit button and a list of previous comments to that specific controller.

Should I put the code into a PLUGIN and call it from the 'end view'? Or is there a much cleaner, better way for this?

PS.
Does somebody know a website that is built on CI and which has some controllers, helpers, which generates a front for which the main controller only generates the content AND! has a downloadable source? Smile The best way I learn structures is to see it right in front of me. The CI user guide is very nice, but it mainly covers very basic information.

[eluser]Christopher Blankenship[/eluser]
Okay from what I am understanding and correct me if I am wrong, you are basically wanting to add a footer with functionality?

If this is indeed the case this is how I did it.
Code:
/* on the views added this respectively */
<?php include HEADER; ?>
<?php include FOOTER; ?>

/* controller */
class Indexhome extends Controller {
   function Indexhome()
   {
      parent::Controller();
      define('HEADER', APPPATH . 'views/header.php');
      define('FOOTER', APPPATH . 'views/footer.php');
   }
      function index()
      {    
         $data['title'] = 'Example';
         $this->load->view('indexhome', $data);
      }

}
This may or not be the best way but I myself am fairly new to CI also look at http://ellislab.com/forums/viewthread/55574/

Yes, you could see it as a footer. The thing is that I just don't want to have to put a lot of common code for calling the comments into all the different controllers, but it should be fixed in a common output. If I put a comment 'view' at the end of all the controllers, they should all have some extra lines to also get the data that the comment 'view' needs from the database.

[eluser]esra[/eluser]
Do a search for 'View library coolfactor'. You should see one thread with several pages of posts. It allows you to use PHP as a template system without using a parsing engine or proprietary templating language.

You might also do a search for 'views within views'.

Thank you very much for the reply. I have read about coolfactor's script, but I thought this was such a basic structure that it would be possible to generate it by using the CI base only. I'll try out his script.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB