Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Strange problem: Unable to locate the model you have specified: m_admins

[eluser]Tomas Sundvall[/eluser]
Hello!

I have a very strange CI problem! My site works perfectly when I run it on my local server, but when I uploaded it to another server, someting strange happend.

When I tried to login to the admin system, I got this message: Unable to locate the model you have specified: m_admins.

I've created lots of websites in codeigniter, but this has never occured before. I have checked all my models, and they are in place.

Does anyone have a clue about what might be the problem here?

/Tomas

[eluser]TheFuzzy0ne[/eluser]
Where is your application directory in relation to your system directory? Also, what is $application set to in your index.php?

Hello!

I have my application folder inside the system folder, the standard settings. It's the same for the $application, it still has it standad value.

system/application
$application_folder = "application";

As you see, just the standard settings. So I don't think that should be the problem since I haven't altered anything. I have stored my admin controllers in a folder inside the controller folder, controller/admin/start.php.

Like I wrote, I have created lots of websites with codeigniter that has worked perfectly, and I can't understand what I have done diffrent this time. I really have no idea about what's the problem.

I don't even know how to troubleshoot this...

/Tomas

[eluser]TheFuzzy0ne[/eluser]
If nothing has changed then only difference will be the operating system (one Linux and one Windows). Windows is case insensitive, whereas Linux is not, so you need to ensure that the filenames for your models are ALL lowercase, and that the class name is defined in all lowercase (as it is with the file), but has the first letter capitalised. Hopefully this will resolve the problem.

Ahhh! :-)

Thanks alot! When I renamed my model files to lowercase it worked!

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB