Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
A date for a New Release of CI ???

[eluser]@Frédéric Quié - bleekom.org[/eluser]
Hi,

I'd like to know if some work is done to release a new version of C.I (1.7.2 or 1.8 or ...?)

Thanks to all the chiefs in EllisLab for their answers ? :-)

[eluser]Phil Sturgeon[/eluser]
As your signature says:

Quote:The Future is unwritten

EllisLabs don't do release dates, so you wont get many answers here. I'm not sure how it would help anyway. If you are craving new features, take a look at the CodeIgniter repository with your favourite Subversion browser.

[eluser]Dam1an[/eluser]
Is there anything in particular that you want? Any new features, bug fixes? etc
Or do you just want a new version cause you're bored of 1.7.1 Tongue

[eluser]@Frédéric Quié - bleekom.org[/eluser]
Nothing in particular, except I'd like to know when EllisLab expects to correct all the bugs in the Bug Reports List :-)

SVN is good, but it's a bit fastidious to copy and paste the text code into the correct php file of the system directory...

A clean new install via SVN repository download would be better even if it's a developpement release...

But maybe are they fully dedicated to EE and CI's in second position ??? :-S

[eluser]Dam1an[/eluser]
Yeah the latest I've heard is that EE2.0 is their main concern right now

[eluser]Gordaen[/eluser]
I don't think they have a particular date in mind for when they expect to correct the various bugs. I assume they prioritize their fixes based on significance, (community) demand, and time demand.

Right now I keep three copies of CI on my server. One is for development testing; all of my dev sites use it. One is for my live sites. When a new version is officially released, I update my dev install and verify everything works. If it passes all the tests, then I update my live install. The third copy I have is a checkout from the subversion repository. I use it mostly for playing around and/or testing if a bug fix corrects a known issue with any of my sites. You *could* run a live site from a checkout of the latest changes in the SVN repository, but I would recommend against it. If you really needed to, though, I'd suggest doing it the same way I handle my dev and live sites but with an svn checkout; after testing, just up your "live" copy to the particular revision you tested.

[eluser]Phil Sturgeon[/eluser]
I've been running from the Subversion trunk for a while. I grabbed a copy 2 weeks ago and have been using it in PyroCMS ever since. Seems perfectly stable for everything I have been doing with it.

Don't checkout a new copy of it daily or anything as crazy as that, but grabbing a copy of the edge now and then is perfectly reasonable if tested.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB