Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
how to send bulk email in Codeigniter ?

[eluser]renga[/eluser]
i want to send bulk email per day .for this i have to use crontab ?please help me

[eluser]depthcharge[/eluser]
Here is how I would basically go about it.

1. Create a queue system in the database (tailored to your specific sending requirements)
2. Enter emails within this queue
3. Cron job periodically checking the queue, pulling ** amount from queue and sending (allowing rate to be modified for tweaking).
4. Handle Bounces using some kind of VERP system.

Codeigniter's email class has good documentation within the userguide for sending the emails.

[eluser]renga[/eluser]
[quote author="depthcharge" date="1242820284"]Here is how I would basically go about it.

1. Create a queue system in the database (tailored to your specific sending requirements)
3. Cron job periodically checking the queue, pulling ** amount from queue and sending (allowing rate to be modified for tweaking).

Codeigniter's email class has good documentation within the userguide for sending the emails.[/quote]

please share the tutorials for the above steps

[eluser]Dam1an[/eluser]
I think that and the user guide WAS the tutorail lol

[eluser]renga[/eluser]
[quote author="Dam1an" date="1242824203"]I think that and the user guide WAS the tutorail lol[/quote]

[eluser]Gram3000[/eluser]
Can you tell me what VERP stands for?

[eluser]Dam1an[/eluser]
VERP: Variable envelope return path is a technique used by some electronic mailing list software to enable automatic detection and removal of undeliverable e-mail addresses. It works by using a different return path (also called "envelope sender") for each recipient of a message.

Ah, thank you. So set your email to reply to another address and have a script/Cron check it for responses?

[eluser]depthcharge[/eluser]
[quote author="Gram3000" date="1246141304"]Ah, thank you. So set your email to reply to another address and have a script/Cron check it for responses?[/quote]

I don't think you want to set your reply address to another address, it's the return-path you change. If somebody replies you want the message to come to you, if the message bounces it should bounce to the return-path.

Depending on the mail server which you use, some have verp built in, some don't.

It's a little off-topic here, i just mentioned as it's a good solution to bounce-handling

Hi, Thank you. Good to know this is possible. Sorry for taking this off topic.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB