Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Dreamhost => [No input file specified]

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
Hi Guys,

I tried uploading my system in dreamhost, and I always get "No input file specified." error/notice. Checked the config file but it was ok, I tried to upload the system in another host (my friend's), and it worked well. However since dreamhost is my main hosting I need to fix this issue.

Anybody who has encountered the same issue before? Need some help.

Thanks Smile

[eluser]Luci3n[/eluser]
I host with dreamhost, make sure you select the php 5 option this may be the cause as CI only works with PHP 5 on Dreamhost hope this helps.

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
yeah, I just did that, and it finally worked! Big Grin

[eluser]David Cassidy[/eluser]
I am also on Dreamhost, and made sure that PHP5 was selected, but this error still appears.

[eluser]Luci3n[/eluser]
Maybe a path error see wiki http://codeigniter.com/wiki/Server_URL_problems/

[eluser]David Cassidy[/eluser]
Actually, it was a tiny addition to the .htaccess file that finally solved it. So, for all you Dreamhost users out there, use this to strip that nasty index.php string from your URLs:

Code:
RewriteEngine On
RewriteCond $1 !^(index\.php)
RewriteRule ^(.+)$ index.php?$1 [L]

It seems the question mark on teh third line is the key.

[eluser]andho[/eluser]
yeah it worked!! Big Grin
but i had this code with me
Code:
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ /index.php/$1 [L]
so i had to put the question mark right after the '.php' like:
Code:
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ /index.php?/$1 [L]
any idea what that means? just a curious question.

[eluser]llbbl[/eluser]
I think it makes the 2nd p optional, which still doesn't make much sense why it works...

I had the same problem, using php5 with mod_security enabled. fastcgi disabled. and the ? works.

I feel like I mostly understand what is going on in the .htaccess, but not fully and not enough to explain it. Sad

[eluser]JudeGlass[/eluser]
i have a sneaking suspicion that this has somethign to do with the mod_security apache module enabled by default on Dreamhost Shared account setups.

But, I have no proof.

[Update: After testing a few different scenarios surrounding CI and mod_security on Dreamhost Servers it seems that my sneaking suspicion... snuck away. I thought that is was playing against the mod_rewrite module setup in an anomalous way but this is, as far as I can tell, not the case or the cause.]

[eluser]Valdemar[/eluser]
That worked for me too, thank you for the workaround of the problem.

I'm however not using Dreamhost servers, but rather my own server that has been configured from the scratch and I'm pretty much interested why this happens.

If someone, that is more enlightened with the mod_rewrite and the apache structure can shed some light on that particular issue?Smile

Thanks in advance!

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB